Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
danalynn
danalynn began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Unhappy Book won't open "Page Error!"

I just bought a new book from Kobo site (no previous problems). I can read it on my computer but although it is showing on my ereader as being on there and I can press on the title, when I try to start reading it I get the message (with a large exclamation mark inside a triangle) "Page Error!". I have tried deleting and reloading this numerous times and it doesn't help. Anyone else have this problem and/or know what to do? Thanks in advance!
danalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Mr-Kolby
Mr-Kolby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Me too.

Same thing happened to me when I bought my Kobobook (others that I have bought from them have had no trouble at all). It was "Barefoot" by Elin Hildebrand. Which book did you buy? I called Kobo's 1-800 number and they were very helpful. They said that they would look at it and if the book publisher couldn't fix it I would receive a refund.
Mr-Kolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
danalynn

aha!

same book....apparently there are thousands of us and we are all getting our money back! Thanks for replying - I had sent them an email and got no response.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Mr-Kolby

Quick question

Just wondering if you are in US or Canada. I wonder if that has anything to do with the book license. I had to call Kobo again today - they haven't resolved my problem yet, but are working on it. If it doesn't work I'm asking for my $$ back.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
danalynn

I'm in Canada. I've been promised my money back, but it hasn't materialized yet - am trying to be patient for my four and a half bucks, though!
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I had it happen once or twice. I can usually fix it by converting the file in Calibre (epub to epub for instance).

If it is DRM protected, however, you need to liberate the ebook from that first.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Mr-Kolby

Liberate it?

Does the PRS 600 from Sony work with Calibre? Do you move the books from Sony's reader software or from the Sony itself? Then what do you do with Calibre? Not really clear why you need Calibre. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It works great with the 600. I use it because it's got more options than Sony's Reader software and, for me at least, it's a lot more stable.

I do not only is it to catalogue my ebook collection and sync my reader but also to convert files and occasionally download a magazine or newspaper.

Calibre's official forum can be found on Mobile Read. If you have any questions they can help you out.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
Mr-Kolby

I received my refund today.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalynn View Post
I just bought a new book from Kobo site (no previous problems). I can read it on my computer but although it is showing on my ereader as being on there and I can press on the title, when I try to start reading it I get the message (with a large exclamation mark inside a triangle) "Page Error!". I have tried deleting and reloading this numerous times and it doesn't help. Anyone else have this problem and/or know what to do? Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem with Steve Berry's The Third Secret, which I bought at the Kobo-run Borders site. Have e-mailed Customer Support and am awaiting a reply from Borders.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote