Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #61
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Sure, why not? Gives a person a goal. I know I had to read Stranger a couple times before it truly registered with me, then again I first read it when I was 10. And freaking Snow Crash took me THREE reads before I realized how good it was...man the first time I read Snow Crash I swear my eyes started to bleed and my brain checked out after the first 50-pages.

But, yup Pandora's Star is about as long a read as I might want...ever...actually a book like that is enough to justify buying an ereading device all by itself! a person could induce permanent physical damage just lugging it around! Add a copy of War & Peace (1452 pgs.) on with it and one might never need more than two books...ever.
speaking of stranger I just started reading it again, I tried a few years ago when I wasn't really into reading and only got a little bit into it. but now I can finish books atleast. though I've read almost everything by heinlein now, and I can just run through his books cause his writing is second nature to me.

reading a fire Upon the Deep, and its taking me Forever to finish it (same length as the Unabriged stranger) I'm finally 2/3rds throgh. I've only finished one book in the last month.(reading multiple books at once) though I have been doing more non reading activities. it is a hard read and takes alot of time to process. its not like heinlein where the words just flow through me. (or Card. Or Scalzi, Or Haldeman) but it's a great book, and very original
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote