Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
How many covers and/or bags did u purchase for your Kindle?

As I sit here debating whether or not to order one of the absolutely cute Borsa Bella bags for my K2 (already own an M-edge cover and love it) I wondered how many covers and/or bags do people own for their Kindles. I have noticed on some of the threads that people own not only the Amazon cover but also an Oberon or other type of cover. Some even own several covers and a Borsa Bella bag. Just curious, how many covers and/or bags do you own to keep your Kindle safe and protected? Why did you decide to purchase more than one? Fashion statement? Just liked the look? Curious.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've purchased two covers, an Oberon and the M-Edge Prodigy, no cases since I knitted a case, and one skin. I really like both covers and once I get the new light M-Edge is redesigning I'll probably use that cover more. Both cases provide good protection from drops. The case/sock I knitted because I didn't have anything to put my K2 in. I use that mainly around the house as a dust cover.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
kguthrie
kguthrie began at the beginning.

Device: none
I only have one cover so far, but I'm sure it won't take too long to get a few more.
kguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
2 covers & 2 skins, so far....
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
The standard Kindle2 cover and a skin. I'm happy with the cover and don't think I'll get another unless the current comes to harm.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I have Kindle 1 and am still using the supplied standard cover with it. For my Sony, my hubby bought me the lighted cover with its built-in light wedge. I'd definitely buy one of those for my Kindle if the light wedge folks would offer one.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I have one Oberon and 3 Borsa Bella Bags, one sleeve, one regular and a travel bag. The travel bag, I use also as a small purse. Very handy bag.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
girlzilla
Lizard in a Tutu
girlzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, MSI Wind
Red face

So far I picked two cases to use. I have the Amazon Kindle 2 case, and have bought a Noreve Kindle 2 case in Jean Vintage, but so far I'm still waiting for the Noreve to ship. When it comes in, I'll post pictures. (It was quite expensive, but I got a 15% discount). I plan to buy a Bella Borsa bag sometime in June for my birthday. I really want one of the travel bags.

Last edited by girlzilla; 04-06-2009 at 09:51 AM.
girlzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
lostknitter
lostknitter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, nook
I have an Oberon cover, 1 skin and 2 bags. The only reason I have 2 bags is because I purchased one before BorsaBella began offering her travel bags. I liked the top opening and zipper pocket, so got a new one. I will give the side opening one to my Grandaughter to use as she pleases. She loved it when she saw it. Jeni
lostknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
Old Man
Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
One. I bought the Belkin that Amazon sells and am quite happy with it. Although it is not a cover in the sense that you can open it up and the K2 is still attached. It is more of a slip case but provides good protection. I prefer reading my K2 without any adornments.
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
ninaco
ninaco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
So far I've only purchased the Amazon cover. I'm very pleased with the cover - it protects the K2 but doesn't add much weight or bulk. Since my K2's got a rather wild skin, I like the look of the plain black cover.

I did buy a Kwik Tek Dry case to protect the K2 at the beach. If someone came out with a cover for the K2 that offered waterproof protection, I'd buy it.
ninaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
At this point, one Oberon & three BorsaBella bags, one regular, one travel, and one for carrying the K2 without a cover. The Oberon is the true protection for the K2. The two larger bags are really for protecting the Kindle from random rain to & from the car, and for keeping the Oberon from being scratched while in my purse. The smallest bag (BB's naked Kindle bag) is for those times when either the weight of the Oberon is too much for me to carry, or when the size of the purse I'm using is too small to fit the larger cover/bag combos. I did add some additional padding & a rigid piece to the smallest bag for additional protection over the screen. It may not have been necessary, others use that bag daily without issues, but it made me feel better to take the extra step as a precaution.

For longer travel, the larger BB bag becomes my carry case for all the K2 accessories (light, charger, folding easel, etc.) The travel bag, as another person said, doubles as a small purse. The quality on them is high, and I find them pretty versatile.

I'm still thinking about one more cover, but I'm torn. I'd love a second Oberon, but I'm also looking at getting or making something a little less noticeable. It's tough enough to read in public with a Kindle when everyone comes clustering around to ask questions; the Oberon attracts its own share of attention. The new M-Edge Go cover is tempting as it looks very much like a dayplanner or notebook cover--might be a little less obvious?
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #13
zvon21
zvon21 began at the beginning.

Device: AMAZON kINDLE
Smile

I've had 4 M-edge covers, tried Oberon, didn't like it and sold it, ordered one from Noereve, totally unsuitable and sent it back. I use one skin, just the top. M-edge covers seem to work the best although they wear out quickly. I put the 'books inside' decal on one of my red leather M-edges. Really sharp!

Lavonne
zvon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I just have a skin and an M-edge case but I just saw my cousin's Oberon case and now I may cave and get that. She has the exact same one I was lusting after, too. It's a lot softer than I thought it would be. Of course, it wouldn't go with my skin, so I'd have to get a new one. My husband has the stock case and no skin. He finally bought an SD card. He's a bit more Spartan than me.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #15
richard tull
richard tull began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Zvon:

I'm considering the Noereve, but it is alot of $$$. Why did you not like it?
richard tull is offline   Reply With Quote