Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
melhall
melhall began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Unhappy Meta data problems

Hi guys, am really new to this and need a hand...
i have a job lot (603)of books in (now) .doc, .rtf & pfd formats and when i improt them to the device the athour info disappears...
now as i went through and labelled them all by hand i'm a bit dischuffed...
what am i doing wrong and how can i do it right?
melhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The thing you may be running into is that the Reader looks for meta-data in RTF & Word files in a specific place, and if it's not properly encoded in the file it just defaults to using the file name.

Since you have a fairly large set of files, you might want to look at libprs500, it's got some nice tools to manage metadata for you.

It might even entice you to try converting your files to LRF format. The Reader handles that format a good deal more agilely, and the files are something like half the size.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert