Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
a question for Mr_Nobody

OK I have Opera running as a browser but I am still plagued with the tiny screen when I go to an app store. I have tried them all and I always get the same answer, device not registered for android. The latest is a app store which was called andappstore but has been renamed, which stated it was for non-android devices using android which seemed to mean ereaders such as the Vox, but I still get this message. This seems to limit me to the Getjar, or taking apps directly from the home sites, such as Opera from Opera.com. Can you shead any light on this for me? Also how do I enlarge the tiny screen print on these sites?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
I assume you are asking how to set opera to desktop mode so websites don't redirect to their mobile versions? You need to go into the advanced options in opera, there is a setting there which is by default set to "tablet" which you can change to "desktop".

However, if the problem is you are following links that lead to android market (which is what it sounds like), switching web browsers is not going to solve that problem for you. You will need to set up market access per the thread about that.

And in terms of small text, you can double tap to zoom.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
there are other markets that can be installed without rooting or complicated processes such as SlideMe or others listed in this forum...

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f...markets-25777/

concerning the print, I find turning my vox to landscape solves the problem.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-07-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typos
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
concerning the print, I find turning my vox to landscape solves the problem.
Ha ha...I was ignoring the obvious, I just assumed everyone browses in landscape! Portrait is unusable.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

here's another list of alternate markets (about 2/3 down) with links:

http://www.android-markets-info.com/...d-markets-list
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Ha ha...I was ignoring the obvious, I just assumed everyone browses in landscape! Portrait is unusable.
you'd be surprised how often the obvious escapes us!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
I assume you are asking how to set opera to desktop mode so websites don't redirect to their mobile versions? You need to go into the advanced options in opera, there is a setting there which is by default set to "tablet" which you can change to "desktop".

However, if the problem is you are following links that lead to android market (which is what it sounds like), switching web browsers is not going to solve that problem for you. You will need to set up market access per the thread about that.

And in terms of small text, you can double tap to zoom.
Thank You you answered my questions. The app store I found most accessible is Soc.io Mall and I can download anything from there with no problem.
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote