Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD
PB 302, highlighting text?

Hi and thanks for reading my post,

I was wondering about the possibility of highlighting text on PB 302. The mobileread comparison chart says that it is possible with a stylus (well, it is in the note taking/highlighting section, so...) and when I read the manual, it says that you can highlight text, then store it in a note collection. That's pretty good, but I need the original text with the highlight visible. Is that possible, please?

Many thanks in advance!

PH

PS perhaps if the notes collection allowed you to jump back to the original text and you could export both with functionality kept like this to PC, then I might be able to use it too... but just as I write it, it seems too complicated to be probable.
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
With 15.2, I've only been able to capture screenshots as BMP, then open the note and edit it.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelh View Post
Hi and thanks for reading my post,

I was wondering about the possibility of highlighting text on PB 302. The mobileread comparison chart says that it is possible with a stylus (well, it is in the note taking/highlighting section, so...) and when I read the manual, it says that you can highlight text, then store it in a note collection. That's pretty good, but I need the original text with the highlight visible. Is that possible, please?

Many thanks in advance!

PH

PS perhaps if the notes collection allowed you to jump back to the original text and you could export both with functionality kept like this to PC, then I might be able to use it too... but just as I write it, it seems too complicated to be probable.
About the jumping back to text: It does.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD
Thank you both very much for your replies!

PH
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
With 15.2, I've only been able to capture screenshots as BMP, then open the note and edit it.
Just to clarify: the 'create note' button function takes a screenshot and creates an HTML file with an IMG anchor to a screenshot of the page. The 'view notes' button function brings up the BMPs with an onscreen menu that allows you to draw and type on the note.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
fragile
Connoisseur
fragile began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
Ouch! Does this mean that the device will not be able to highlight text? One of the prime reasons I chose a touch screen device is so that high lighting and note taking will be possible. If its only through the notes section, then that functionality will not be off much use since when reading the book again, we just will not know that there is some notes for a particular passage...
fragile is offline   Reply With Quote