Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Angry Help downloading and side loading kindle books

I am new to the MacOS world. Every time I download a Kindle Book to be side loaded it is converted to a textedit file. I have searched everything I can and keep getting the run around about how to prevent this from happening. Can some one here help me with this. I was working great before I upgraded to high Sierra.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I have a Mac on Sierra and I simply save my ebook file into downloads. The format stays as whatever it was prior to downloading, I.e mobi, ePub or AZW3. Then I add it to Calibre.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #3
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Try installing chrome or firefox, and use that to download your books. There's a very very old bug with regards to the interaction of some browsers (I believe it's mac's saffari, but my memory is not so great) and Amazon web pages that causes books to be delivered as a text files instead of the correct mobi.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have a Mac on Sierra and I simply save my ebook file into downloads. The format stays as whatever it was prior to downloading, I.e mobi, ePub or AZW3. Then I add it to Calibre.
I am now on High Sierra and it no longer works it did work for me on Sierra.

I downloaded Google Chrome and it worked great thank you.

Last edited by cvkemp; 10-17-2017 at 09:32 AM.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I am now on High Sierra and it no longer works it did work for me on Sierra.
It is probably one of their "we know better than the user" options.
Contact Apple customer service if you can't find the option yourself.
(or try the user's guide, or the owner's forum, or your favorite search engine ... You can be certain you are not the only one using that version of MacOS that also owns an e-book or two.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:56 AM   #6
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Try installing chrome or firefox, and use that to download your books. There's a very very old bug with regards to the interaction of some browsers (I believe it's mac's saffari, but my memory is not so great) and Amazon web pages that causes books to be delivered as a text files instead of the correct mobi.
There is indeed a Safari bug that results in files downloading incorrectly (usually with the name "FSDownloadContent"). Adding the extension .azw will usually solve the problem, after which the Mac will recognize the file properly. And, as rashkae notes, switching browsers usually solves the problem as well.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote