Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Monty Python's interesting 'solution' to piracy (YouTube, that is).

Yep. Read the title carefully. They've managed to generate a 23 THOUSAND percent increase in sales with free YouTube vids.

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/01/26/mo...be/#more-19872

Wonder how this could work for ebooks... :-)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
It's Flying Fox of the Yard!!

I purchased every DVD and book that the Python crew has ever made. And, that was some years back.

I love Monty Python!! Now, with a YouTube channel, I can watch on my iPhone. Life doesn't get much better than that!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
They've had this mindset for a long time. I was involved in a Monty Python USENET group around 15 years ago. Back then the big thing was scripts of their movies and TV series (video files and YouTube didn't really exist). I used to run a ftp site that hosted a lot of their material. I contacted them before I did it, obviously, and their opinion was that they were perfectly fine with making their scripts available for free as long as we did two things. 1) Don't make a compilation available, each skit had to be individual files and 2) Advertise that you can buy the scripts in a bookstore (which were available as a compilation).

Their attitude (same with the recent stuff on YouTube) was that you give individual bits at a time away for free, and then advertise that you can buy it in a more convenient package (Books, DVDs, etc).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I love Monty Python!! Now, with a YouTube channel, I can watch on my iPhone. Life doesn't get much better than that!
Um.. Ok... you need to get out more.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Um.. Ok... you need to get out more.

BOb
Whyeeeeee?? I like it here in my big ol' house filled with cats, books, chocolate, popcorn, and dvds!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote