Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #22786
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF

I think I may need to take a nap before I type or do anything more....

I am soooo slow.... I just caught on to what you meant...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #22787
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

I think I may need to take a nap before I type or do anything more....

I am soooo slow.... I just caught on to what you meant...
Murderer!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #22788
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
No, WE'RE not the murders, someone already did that.

Meanwhile, you should be showing that roast chicken as an empty carcass, which is perfect for tossing in the pot for soup.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #22789
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
No, WE'RE not the murders, someone already did that.

Meanwhile, you should be showing that roast chicken as an empty carcass, which is perfect for tossing in the pot for soup.
If you all can figure out who did murder me, you'll have a shiny new reader to accompany your cuppa!

And no one's tossing me in a pot for soup! I still have my glasses - and can see you coming!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #22790
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The glasses were thrown away
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #22791
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The glasses were thrown away
I'm assuming you meant the tea glasses, not my specs! Right?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #22792
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
homemade mocha in a tigger mug!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #22793
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
ra-la-la, twiddly-dee-dee
It gives me a thrill
To wake up in the morning to the mockingbird's trill
Tra-la-la, twiddly-dee-dee
There's peace and goodwill
You're welcome as the flowers on Mockin' Bird Hill

When the sun in the morning
Peeps over the hill,
And kisses the roses 'round my windowsill
Then my heart fills with gladness
When I hear the trill
Of the birds in the treetops on Mockin' Bird Hill

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekjFjTBSGNw )

She's gone, but never to be forgotten... I grew up listening to my mother's scratchy old 78's of all her songs. It's nice that we can hear such clear copies on YouTube.

Good morning, all! Another sunny day, but we have no energy for exercise today. We must have caught ProfCrash's cold... We'll spend the day indoors, with tea and books. When you get right down to it, that's not so difficult to take!
I've a cup of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea to start the day, and some rice and miso soup with pumpkin to get me going. There's a package of real western-style smoked bacon in the fridge, (had to travel 60km to buy it!) but neither of us has the energy to cook it. So 'simple' will be the theme for today...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #22794
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Cold (ex-iced) water.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #22795
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Black coffee on a grey day. Grey both literally and metaphorically, as it's my first day back at work, with a call to the MD and several senior directors as the first order of the day. Super...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #22796
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Black coffee on a grey day. Grey both literally and metaphorically, as it's my first day back at work, with a call to the MD and several senior directors as the first order of the day. Super...
I hope it was to tell you about your promotion and pay raise! They've been discussing it for weeks now...

I'm drinking Keemun tea and trying to decide on a movie for the evening... Something we haven't seen in a long, long time... It get's easier and easier as we get older. We forget that even saw some of them the first time!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #22797
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hope all went well orlok. Stitchawl: Hope you are feeling better.

The Advair seems to be helping with the occassional need for the regular inhaler. How the hell do you develop asthma in your 40s? I know it happens, but really? I eat well 95% of the time. I exercise pretty regularly. Ah well, if asthma is the price I have to pay for Lucas, then so be it. (All the lung stuff started when I was pregnant)

Genmaimatcha in my cup. The Gong Fu version is better than the Gschwendner version, it uses Sencha and matcha. The cup has a nice foggy green look and just tastes really good. If you live in the US and you like tea, check out Gong Fu. Great stuff. Heck, they might even ship internationally.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #22798
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I hope it was to tell you about your promotion and pay raise! They've been discussing it for weeks now...
Fuinny you should say that...but, no, that wasn't it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Hope all went well orlok. Stitchawl: Hope you are feeling better.

The Advair seems to be helping with the occassional need for the regular inhaler. How the hell do you develop asthma in your 40s? I know it happens, but really? I eat well 95% of the time. I exercise pretty regularly. Ah well, if asthma is the price I have to pay for Lucas, then so be it. (All the lung stuff started when I was pregnant)
Pregnancy does mess with the body something horrible. My wife was diagnosed with early onset osteoporosis after our first child (age 23!). Just not fair.

Another black coffee, naturally.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #22799
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I had a nasty cold that had a bad cough followed by allergies that made the cough worse and triggered my exercise induced asthma when I was pregnant. I think that weakened the lungs, then the cough that became walking pneumonia 9 months later did the rest. Now I get the slightest whatever and the cough goes off the chart pretty much right away. (sigh)

If there was anything wrong with the XRays I should hear today. She took them to confirm it is not pneumonia and because I am paranoid. My Mom had a cough that could not be treated for 18 months before the Doctor took XRays. They discovered lung cancer.

My cough has been dealt with twice, it can be stopped so it is a different scenario but it does keep returning. And Mom's lung cancer was not the cause of the cough, she had it after she finished surgery, chemo, and radiation.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #22800
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Sounds lousy, Prof. Hope you get it dealt with quickly. What is "walking" pneumonia as opposed to any other kind?

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?