Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Affiliate Links for "arcadata"- May 2013

Here's the new thread for May (*here's a link to my April thread to check out the last bargains I posted there)

Quote:
Okay, so you may know me since I posted a lot of free and bargain books in this forum. I did add affiliate links to my posts before (the links look like this-> http://www.amazon.com/Fifth-Woman-Wa...ag=arcadata-20), but I've been told that isn't allowed anymore in the main forum. I'll be allowed to continue to post my affiliate links in this personal thread though.

Basically, what happens is that I earn referral fees (starts at 4%) whenever a visitor follows my link to Amazon.com (for example) and then makes a qualifying purchase. It was a pretty good incentive for me to spend time here sharing any deals I found since I would get extra money per month to spend on books & apps!

So, hopefully, if you don't mind me getting a commission, you'll come visit this thread and click on my links when you're planning to buy something!
And here's the deal(s) for May 1!

----

FYI, For UK Kindlers:

20 Kindle Books for £2 Each

Whether you read literary fiction, mysteries, thrillers, nonfiction or beyond, you'll find your next great read in this selection of Kindle books for only £2 apiece. Offer ends May 31, 2013.

The Amazon 100 Kindle Books for £2.99 or Less is a continuing promo for Amazon UK.

Quote:
We've pulled together a selection of 100 Kindle books, each for £2.99 or less, to make it easier for you to discover and try a new book or author. We'll be adding new books from time to time and titles may vary, so make sure to check back often. There's also the Kindle Daily Deal, which features a new Kindle book deal every day.

Ignorance by Michèle Roberts from Bloomsbury Publishing (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

After every war there are stories that are locked away like bluebottles in drawers and kept silent. But sometimes the past can return. Booker-shortlisted author Michèle Roberts's novel is a mesmerising exploration of guilt, faith, desire and judgment, bringing to life a people at war in a way that is at once lyrical and shocking.

-----

FYI, For US Kindlers:

Amazon's 30 Kindle Books for $3 Each SALE is still ongoing until May 14

And, 100 Religion & Spirituality Books, $3.99 or Less Each SALE is still ongoing until May 5

NEW, International Thrillers for $4.99 or Less SALE

Quote:
Take a trip around the world with these mysterious thrillers--featured for only $4.99 or less.
The Amazon 100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less has updated for May! Check out the new batch of discounts.

Quote:
Looking for great books at a low price? Browse the newest section of our store--100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less--a diverse selection of deals hand-selected by our editors each month.
------

The Vegas Knockout by Tom Schreck from Thomas & Mercer ($0.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "The combination of mystery and sports intrigued me, I was not disappointed."
Kiss Me Deadly by Susan Kearney from Bell Bridge Books ($1.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "An action-packed page turner with the perfect blend of romance and suspense."
Superhero by Victor Methos from Amazon Digital Services ($1.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "An intense thriller with twists and turns the reader would never guess."
Silly Tilly by Eileen Spinelli and David Slonim from Amazon Children's Publishing ($1.99) is the Kindle Kids Deal of the Day (May 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "It taught my 9yr son it is no fun when you can't be yourself."
-----

The Dark Winter (Aector McAvoy Series #1) by David Mark from Penguin Group ($2.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 1)

Quote:
Product Description

Crime journalist David Mark (Original Skin) draws from his real-world experience to create the cases of Detective Sergeant Aector McAvoy. A gentle giant, McAvoy would rather be a good husband and father, but when an apparent suicide turns out to be more than anyone realizes, it's up to him alone to investigate.
** Price-matched on US Amazon

The Dark Winter (Aector McAvoy Series #1) by by David Mark is also $3.99 (Amazon US)

----

FYI, For Canadian Kindlers:

The Amazon May Monthly Deals in Kindle Books is a promo for Amazon Canada.

Quote:
Each month we unveil a new collection of Kindle books for $3.99 or less in a wide variety of genres. You'll find great deals in mysteries, science fiction, romance, biographies and memoirs, and more.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Four books in the Francis Oughterard series by Suzette A Hill (£0.99 each) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 2) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

All the Reverend Francis Oughterard had ever wanted was some peace and quiet, but in this cosy crime series he finds murder and mayhem instead: Bones in the Belfry, Bone Idle, Bones in High Places and A Bedlam of Bones.
-----

Greatest Knight: The Unsung Story of the Queen's Champion (William Marshal) by Elizabeth Chadwick from Sourcebooks Landmark ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 2) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "A fascinating look at a true, honorable, and loyal man."
Hawk's Prize by Elaine Barbieri from Montlake Romance ($0.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 2) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "I am becoming an avid fan of historical romances!"
The Map of the Sky: A Novel by Felix J Palma from Atria Books ($2.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 2) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Science fiction meets romance meets detective story."
A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb from Graphia ($1.99) is the Kindle Teens Deal of the Day (May 2) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "A lovely, well written, and hauntingly beautiful book."
-----

The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter from HarperCollins ($1.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 2)

Quote:
Product Description

What if all it took to step into a parallel Earth was a bit of wiring and a potato? That's just beginning of this adventure from brilliant storytellers Sir Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter. How far does this long chain of Earths go? And how many different worlds would you dare to visit?
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Born Liars: Why We Can't Live Without Deceit by Ian Leslie from Quercus (£1.09) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 3) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Ian Leslie brings the latest news about deception back from the frontiers of psychology, neuroscience and philosophy. He argues that far from being a bug in the human software, lying is central to who we are; that we cannot understand ourselves without first understanding the dynamics of deceit.
-----

In the Shadow of the Banyan: A Novel by Vaddey Ratner from Simon & Schuster ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 3) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Readers will feel transported to Cambodia."
Send Me No Flowers by Trish Jensen from Bell Bridge Books ($1.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 3) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "A sweet story about how people are not always as they seem."
Sandman Slim: A Novel by Richard Kadrey from HarperCollins ($1.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 3) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Sandman Slim, the monster who kills monsters."
Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson from Graphia ($0.99) is the Kindle Teens Deal of the Day (May 3) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Amazon.com review: "A riveting and well-researched historical fiction."
-----

Run the Risk by Lori Foster from Harlequin ($1.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 3)

Quote:
Product Description

It's fiery passion and intense suspense with New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster's Love Undercover series. Detective Logan Riske will do anything to find his best friend's murderer -- even seduce the sister of the man he's sure is the killer. But he didn't expect to fall in love with her...

Run the Risk by Lori Foster is also $1.99 (Amazon US)
Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

The Breadmakers Saga by Margaret Thomson-Davis from Black & White Publishing (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 4) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

This novel follows the story of a Glasgow working class community living through the dark days of the Depression and the Second World War. Clydend, McNair's Bakery and the surrounding tenements are vividly and absorbingly depicted, as are the lives and loves of people like Catriona, a young woman coping with an overbearing husband; the baker Baldy Fowler and his tragic wife; and philandering insurance salesman Alec Jackson.
-----

A Prayer for Owen Meany: A Novel by John Irving from William Morrow ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 4) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Amazon.com review: "A meditation on literature, history, and God."
Crystal Flame by Jayne Ann Krentz from Purple Papaya ($1.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 4) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Kept me hooked with the plot twists and tension."
10 Star Wars books from LucasBooks ($1.99 each) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 4) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

May the 4th be with you! Offering 10 Star Wars books for a special price.
Maisy Goes Camping by Lucy Cousins from Candlewick Press ($1.99) is the Kindle Kids Deal of the Day (May 4) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "The pictures in this book are great."
-----

Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy #1 by Timothy Zahn from Random House Publishing Group ($1.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 4)

Quote:
Product Description

Make the jump to light speed with Heir to the Empire, the first sequel novel to chronicle the post-Endor adventures of Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, and the rest of your favorite characters. And the celebration doesn't stop there! Check out more Star Wars books also available for only $1.99 today. May The Fourth Be With You.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

FYI, new promo:

Amazon's 20 Kindle Books for $2 Each SALE is ongoing until May 31

Quote:
Whether your taste runs to literary fiction, mysteries, science fiction, thrillers, or beyond, you'll find your next great read in this selection of Kindle books for only $2 apiece. Offer valid through May 31, 2013.
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Daddy's Home by AK Alexander from Thomas & Mercer (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 5) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

They call him "the Family Man", the cunning killer who preys upon single mothers and their innocent children, hunting for a family to call his own. But when they fail to meet his unyielding demands for perfection--and they always do--he kills.
Mommy, May I? by AK Alexander from Thomas & Mercer (£0.99) is the 2nd Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 5) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Sixteen years ago, Helena Shea was an up-and-coming fashion model until an affair, a pregnancy and a drug scandal cost her everything. She's spent years trying to atone for her sins, but one phone call brings them rushing back.
-----

The Two Minute Rule by Robert Crais from Simon & Schuster ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 5) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "A bittersweet story of a father's love for his son and redemption. "
Dead Heat (Bluegrass Series) by Kathleen Brooks from Amazon Digital Services ($0.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 5) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "I am totally hooked into reading one adventure after another."
Building From Ashes (Elemental World) by Elizabeth Hunter from Amazon Digital Services ($1.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 5) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "A different take on the whole vampire story."
My Brother Sam is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier from AudioGo ($2.99) is the Kindle Teens Deal of the Day (May 5) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Earns a place in our heart" Winner of the Newbery Honor
-----

Wind Dancer by Jamie Carie from B&H Publishing Group ($2.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 5)

Quote:
Product Description

We love author Jamie Carie (The Guardian Duke, Snow Angel) for her feisty historical heroines. Here, she turns to the frontier of the American Revolution and Isabelle Renoir, a free spirit unlike most Colonial ladies, whose adventurous ways thrust her in the path of rugged spy Samuel Holt.

Wind Dancer by Jamie Carie is also $2.99 (Amazon US)

Last edited by arcadata; 05-05-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson from AudioGo ($2.99) is the Kindle Teens Deal of the Day (May 5) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA
Link is to a different book.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

@pidgeon92,

thanks, I've corrected it
Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Ratking (An Aurelio Zen Mystery) by Michael Dibdin from Faber and Faber Crime (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 6) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Aurelio Zen is sent to investigate the kidnapping of a powerful Perugian industrialist--but nobody much wants him to succeed. As Zen tries to unravel this rat's nest of family intrigue and official complicity, Michael Dibdin gives readers a chilling masterpiece of police procedure and psychological suspense.
-----

The Two Minute Rule by Robert Crais from Sourcebooks Landmark ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 6) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Re-creates 17th century Paris where magic and science were uneasy bedfellows."
Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland from RosettaBooks ($1.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 6) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Eight stories of a possible Vermeer masterpiece, is an work of art itself."
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand from HarperTeen ($1.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 6) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "An angel story we paranormal fans can get behind."
Emma Dilemma, the Nanny, and the Best Horse Ever by Patricia Hermes from Two Lions ($1.99) is the Kindle Kids Deal of the Day (May 6) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "My 8 year old daughter who loves all things horses loved this book."
-----

The Oracle Glass by Judith Merkle Riley from Sourcebooks ($1.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 6)

Quote:
Product Description

Were you able to visit France during Louis XIV's reign, you might go to see Madame de Morville. She has the gift of prophecy and might read your future in a glass of water. But tread carefully as she amazes you with her power, for her craft is only one of her secrets, and far from her most dangerous one.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Here's another promo:

21 Kids' Books at up to 80% OFF ($2 each)
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #11
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

From MTV to Mecca: How Islam Inspired My Life by Kristiane Backer from Arcadia Books (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Kristiane Backer was one of the very first presenters on MTV until a fateful meeting with Pakistani cricket hero changed her life.
The Twins by Tessa de Loo from Arcadia Books (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Two sisters share a bond that is far stronger than anyone except they alone can understand. But when war comes between them, the two discover that even the deepest bonds have their limits.
Johnny Mackintosh and the Spirit of London (Johnny Mackintosh Trilogy) by Keith Mansfield from Quercus (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

When 13-year-old Johnny's talking computer, Kovac, detects an extraterrestrial signal, his life is set to change for ever.
Gifted: The Tale of 10 Mysterious Book Sculptures Gifted to the City of Words and Ideas from Polygon (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Ten paper sculptures were left anonymously in arts venues throughout Edinburgh. In a farewell note, the artist identified herself as a woman and an artist/artisan.
Magnificent Joe by James Wheatley from Oneworld Publications (£1.59) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

What Joe needs is a friend. What Jim needs is a fresh start. So begins an unlikely friendship--one that is put to the test with heartbreaking consequences.
-----

The Secrets of Mary Bowser: A Novel by Lois Leveen from William Morrow Paperbacks ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "For anybody interested in women's history, the Civil War, and Slavery."
Silver Serenade by Gerry O'Hara from Montlake Romance ($0.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "The story is laced with vivid descriptions of the West Coast."
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer from Disney Hyperion ($2.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Amazon.com review: "Die Hard with fairies."
The Monstrumologist by Richard Yancey from Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers ($1.99) is the Kindle Teens Deal of the Day (May 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "One of the creepiest and goriest novels."
-----

Bear Meets Girl (Pride Stories Series #7) by Shelly Laurenston from Kensington ($2.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 7)

Quote:
Product Description

There's nothing as fast, furious, and fun as one of Shelly Laurenston's paranormals, featuring the hottest shapeshifters around. There's no need to hibernate tonight when you have were-polar bear Lou "Crush" Crushek and she-tiger Celia Malone to keep you company.

Bear Meets Girl (Pride Stories Series #7) by Shelly Laurenston is also $2.99 (Amazon US)
Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Natural Causes (The Inspector McLean Mysteries) by James Oswald from Penguin (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 8) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

A young girl's mutilated body is discovered in a sealed room. Her remains are carefully arranged in what seems to have been a cruel and macabre ritual, which appears to have taken place over 60 years ago. For newly appointed Detective Inspector Tony McLean this baffling cold case ought to be a low priority--but he is haunted by the young victim and her grisly death.
-----

The Ghost Writer by John Harwood from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 8) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Re-creates 17th century Paris where magic and science were uneasy bedfellows."
A Royal Pain by Megan Mulryn from Sourcebooks Landmark ($1.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 8) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "This modern regency romance tells a wonderful story."
Emperor Mollusk versus The Sinister Brain by by A. Lee Martinez from Orbit ($1.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 8) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "This fantasy is wildly innovative."
The Enemy by Charlie Higson from Disney Hyperion ($2.99) is the Kindle Kids Deal of the Day (May 8) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "All you zombie craved book seekers out there, this is your book!"
-----

A Royal Pain by Megan Mulryn from Sourcebooks ($1.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 8)

Quote:
Product Description

It's a modern day fairy tale from Megan Mulry (If the Shoe Fits) when a modern American woman discovers that the guy she's been dating is a bona fide British aristocrat -- the 19th Duke of Northrop, in fact. Marrying into royalty, it turns out, isn't at all what it's like in the movies...

A Royal Pain by Megan Mulryn is also $1.99 (Amazon US)
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Frankenstein's Cat: Cuddling Up to Biotech's Brave New Beasts by Emily Anthes from Oneworld Publications (£1.19) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 9) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Fluorescent fish that glow near pollution. Dolphins with prosthetic fins. Robot-armoured beetles that military handlers can send on spy missions. Scientists have already begun to create these high-tech hybrids, and in this eye-opening exploration of weird science Emily Anthes travels the globe to see how humans are inventing the fauna of the future.
-----

Captive in Iran by Maryam Rostampour and Marziyeh Amirizadeh from Tyndale Momentum ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 9) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "A chilling yet hopeful book not to be missed!"
Now You See Her by Linda Howard from Atria Books ($0.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 9) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "The plot twists are wonderful and the romance is well done."
Abarat by Clive Barker from HarperCollins ($1.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 9) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Amazon.com review: "Delivers the rich and imaginative storytelling that Barker is known for."
Trains: Steaming! Pulling! Huffing! by Patricia Hubbell from Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers ($1.99) is the Kindle Teens Deal of the Day (May 9) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "My 3 yr old wanted this book read to him 3 times in a row."
-----

Personal Health by Michael Kuhar from Pearson Education ($2.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 9)

Quote:
Product Description

Save 96% on this three-book bundle of medical miracles. Science's most amazing discoveries are happening in the areas of health and wellness. Today, discover the cutting edge work from pioneering researchers that will extend your life, retrain your brain, and redefine illness -- at a savings that can not be beat.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Three Books in the Phryne Fisher Mystery Series by Kerry Greenwood (£0.99 each) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (May 10) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

In Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates, bored socialite Phryne Fisher leaves the tedium of the London season for adventure in Australia. When she heads to Ballarat for a week, the last thing she expected was to have to use her trusty Beretta in Murder on the Ballaret Train. Then in Flying Too High, the 1920's most glamorous detective takes to the skies.
-----

The House of Rumour: A Novel by Jake Arnott from Little A ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (May 10) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "Reality and fiction blur as characters mix with real people."
Strange Fits of Passion: A Novel by Anita Shreve from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt ($1.99) is the Kindle Romance Deal of the Day (May 10) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "It is haunting, lyrical, and stays with you for a long time."
Dante Valentine: Complete Series by Lilith Saintcrow from Orbit ($1.99) is the Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day (May 10) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "This series stands out as one of my favorites."
Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald from Candlewick ($1.99) is the Kindle Teens Deal of the Day (May 10) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

* Also on Amazon CA

Quote:
Product Description

Customer review: "This is what Girl Power looks like."
-----

The Sensualist: An Illustrated Novel by Barbara Hodgson from Chronicle Books ($1.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (May 10)

Quote:
Product Description

Art historian Helen is in Europe searching for her runaway husband, and soon finds herself in the midst of they mystery that was his obsession. Join Helen in a shadowy world of Vienna trains, eccentric travellers, and medical artifacts in a book that itself is a pure delight to read.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #15
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

The Good Earth Trilogy: The Good Earth, Sons, and A House Divided by Pearl S. Buck from Open Road Media is $9.99 (US, Canada)

* Priced between $8 - $9 each if bought separately

Quote:
Book Description

Set in China during the early twentieth century, Pearl S. Buck’s timeless trilogy is the powerful story of a family—and a nation—in transition

The Good Earth is Buck’s classic, Pulitzer Prize–winning story of Wang Lung, a Chinese peasant farmer, and his wife, O-lan, a former slave. With luck and hard work, the couple’s fortunes improve over the years: They are blessed with sons, and save steadily until one day they can afford to buy property in the House of Wang—the very house in which O-lan used to work. But success brings with it a new set of problems. Wang soon finds himself the target of jealousy, and as good harvests come and go, so does the social order. Will Wang’s family cherish the estate after he’s gone?

The family’s story continues in Sons and A House Divided, when the Revolution sweeping through China further unsettles Wang Lung’s family in this rich and unforgettable portrait of a family and a country in the throes of widespread national change.