Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
lori87
Enthusiast
lori87 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Unhappy Does your kobo allow you to highlight text/use dictoinary in .mobi books?

Just curious if it's just me.

I have another thread discussing the issue I have with formatting, the .mobi's are formatted nicely whereas the .epub are just one size text. The problem is I can't highlight text or use the dictionary with any .mobi files.

Anyone know why?

I use a kobo aura h20 edition 2
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Davidfor already answered that in your other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Each format supported on the Kobo devices have support different features. Some are obvious (no dictionary support in CBR/CBZ), while some, like this are not so obvious. Kobo's support for MOBIs is really only there as a checkbox on marketing material. Hence, they haven't bothered to do all the support for the format that might be possible. Overall, you are better to use an EPUB version if you have it, or convert to EPUB or KEPUB.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert