Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
chardmony
chardmony began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4pc
Newbie needs help

Hey everyone I am sure this has been answered here, but not been able to find it so hopefully no one gets too upset at me for asking again!

I just downloaded calibre 0.7.35 from the calibre website, it came in as a wrar file so I extracted it, but now I cannot find anywhere to open it up or set it up or make it run. What do I do?
chardmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
chardmony
chardmony began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4pc
By the way I am running windows xp and downloaded the file calibre-0.7.35-x86_64.tar.bz2 there were 5 or 6 files in the folder and I was not sure which one to download.
chardmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you're just wanting a regular double click to install type setup then download the .msi version.

The latest version is 0.8.3
http://calibre-ebook.com/download_windows

or you can get 0.7.35 here if that's what you wanted for some reason.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/0.7.35/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #4
kittyppg
Banned
kittyppg began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardmony View Post
I just downloaded calibre 0.7.35 from the calibre website, it came in as a wrar file so I extracted it, but now I cannot find anywhere to open it up or set it up or make it run. What do I do?
You need to unzip the wrar file to install the calibre software. After installing the icon will show on your desktop then click on it to run it instantly.
kittyppg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
For Windows XP, the file you want is the .msi file. I believe the one you picked is for the 64bit Linux install.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyppg View Post
You need to unzip the wrar file to install the calibre software. After installing the icon will show on your desktop then click on it to run it instantly.
tar in the file path is the clue that this is a Linux file and should NOT be forced upon XP
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote