Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
inset & decoupled file preview behavior in gnome

I just noticed a behavior in the editor that is new to me. I used to use Unity but am now using Ubuntu 18.04 with gnome. In the editor you can 'inset' or 'decouple' the file preview. While inset, the width of the file preview has a minimum and maximum that is constrained by the surrounding editor and whether or not you have open the 'find' feature. Occasionally I like to look at the file preview decoupled so that I can widen it to full screen. I used to be able to move the decoupled file preview to another workspace then hot key back and forth between editor and file preview. I think it is now no longer possible to do this under gnome. When trying to move just the file preview to another workspace, the move now also includes both file preview and editor. Am I missing something?
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No idea, wouldn't touch gnome (or kde) with a ten foot pole. All I can tell you is that panels in the editor are so called "dock" widgets. You undock them to make them floating windows which you can then move around anywhere you like. And dock them back if you want to see them inside the editor window again.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote