Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #16
ryancamp
ryancamp began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96, Sony PRS-950
Responding to the original topic: I have a swivel-grip tablet holder by Urge Basics (see here) and I usually keep the stylus tucked in back using the elastic straps. If I am traveling, I use a Mobile Edge universal zippered case (see here), which has a pen loop that holds the stylus well (my only complaint about that particular case is that it presses the 4-way joystick button rather hard, so I use the foam piece it came packed with and cut a hole for the button).

Regarding Jmirko's comment on compatibility:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
No plunge needed: stili made for Hanvon, Ectaco (rebranded Hanvon), Pocketbook and Onyx will work with the M96.
Wacom Penabled pens (such as that of the Galaxy Note series) will not work, and neither will capacitive pens (thick rubbery ones like those for the ipad).
That a great price, too.
I'm seeing conflicting info on the Penabled pens. For example, the new US distributor appears to sell them for use with the M92 and M96 (see here) and claim
Quote:
"Lost your Onyx stylus? Looking to have a spare just in case? The Penabled Stylus from Wacom is perfectly suited for use with your Onyx Boox M92 or M96. This uses the same magnetic touch technology found in other Wacom tablets, and is compatible with all Wacom devices that support Penabled input."
so now I'm wondering what to believe. Any thoughts or experiences?
ryancamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:40 PM   #17
sonict72
Enthusiast
sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancamp View Post
Responding to the original topic: I have a swivel-grip tablet holder by Urge Basics (see here) and I usually keep the stylus tucked in back using the elastic straps. If I am traveling, I use a Mobile Edge universal zippered case (see here), which has a pen loop that holds the stylus well (my only complaint about that particular case is that it presses the 4-way joystick button rather hard, so I use the foam piece it came packed with and cut a hole for the button).

Regarding Jmirko's comment on compatibility:

I'm seeing conflicting info on the Penabled pens. For example, the new US distributor appears to sell them for use with the M92 and M96 (see here) and claim

so now I'm wondering what to believe. Any thoughts or experiences?
I have several Wacom Penabled pens that I use with Entourage Edge. They do not work with M96.
sonict72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:46 PM   #18
ryancamp
ryancamp began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96, Sony PRS-950
Thanks sonict72, yeah, tried some styli from HP tablet PCs (an Ntrig stylus from a tx2-1275dx and a Wacom Penabled stylus from a tx2517cl) and neither worked on my M96. It appears the info on the new US distributor's website is very wrong.

So, I went ahead and bought the replacement stylus for the Jetbook Color by Ectaco from their US website at
www.ectaco.com/JBC-stylus/
It cost me 20 USD total including shipping and arrived in 2 days. And I must say, it works even better than the original that came with my device (from Arta Tech). For more details, see my post here in another thread.
ryancamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, m96, onyx