Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #61
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Since I rarely use wifi, I just got this update yesterday when I turned it on to get an Amazon book I bought.

I LOVE it!!

I noticed immediately how much crisper the font was. It took me a few minutes to figure out what happened to make it that way. If Amazon hadn't left the "Your Kindle Has Been Updated" message on my menu, I would probably still be wondering.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #62
arsnic_uk
arsnic_uk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
What went wrong :s

Hi I have a problem. Just updated from 3.3 to 3.4 (previously jailbroken + Doukan 2012 installed). However upon completion my amazon kindle interface doesn't work.

My top menu bar is missing and all I get on display is 'Showing all 0 items" "By Most Recent First" and "Archived items (0)".

Is it possible to completely restore the device using a Mac/windows, as my computer can still access the device.

Please help.
arsnic_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #63
mngalaxy
mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mngalaxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle touch
So sad that they haven't done anything with K4 for a while. I hope they would update it with the comic books feature. Feel like the K touch's already been abandoned.
mngalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #64
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsnic_uk View Post
Hi I have a problem. Just updated from 3.3 to 3.4 (previously jailbroken + Doukan 2012 installed). However upon completion my amazon kindle interface doesn't work.

My top menu bar is missing and all I get on display is 'Showing all 0 items" "By Most Recent First" and "Archived items (0)".

Is it possible to completely restore the device using a Mac/windows, as my computer can still access the device.

Please help.
I am not updated!
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #65
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12345 View Post
I am not updated!
To get the update automatically, you need to have your Kindle Keyboard's wifi turned on. The update will not be sent via 3G.

If you want to install the 3.4 update manually, you can download the file here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #66
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
My K3 seems sluggish after the update. Has anyone else noticed this?
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #67
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
It might be worth trying a reset to see if it 'fixes' the sluggishness. Slide and hold the power button for 20 seconds, let it go and then wait for it to reboot. Hopefully when it loads up again, the sluggish feel will be gone.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #68
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's possible that it's sluggish because it's indexing books. Do a search for some random string (eg "aaaaaaaa"). If it says "No results found", it's not indexing, but it if says "XXX books not yet indexed", it is. If you move to the line that says that with the 5-way controller, and press "Select", it will show you what the books are that aren't indexed. Sometimes books do get "stuck" while indexing, in which case deleting and re-adding them generally fixes the problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #69
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Kindle 3 is the Windows XP of Kindle's
hahaha, exactly because of this comment, I got mine a shiny Kindle Keyboard.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #70
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Kindle 3 is the Windows XP of Kindle's
Again, not to deviate this thread, but man... I really like Kindle keyboard. It's just so solid and perfect for reading. I have kept Kindle Touch or Paperwhite and Nook Simple Touch just to play around with, but when it comes to actually reading stuff, let's go K3. The text is just crisper and it feels way better than other fancy ones.

hahaha
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #71
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Again, not to deviate this thread, but man... I really like Kindle keyboard. It's just so solid and perfect for reading. I have kept Kindle Touch or Paperwhite and Nook Simple Touch just to play around with, but when it comes to actually reading stuff, let's go K3. The text is just crisper and it feels way better than other fancy ones.

hahaha
You guys are so right, Kindle 3 is probably the most balanced Kindle e-ink experience in existence - small, light, full-features (audio books and all), good keyboard and keys, good screen, great lighted cover...

Sometimes I do miss using the Kindle 3, which I do still have. I'm just spoiled by the diminutive size and even better blacks (Kindle 3 already has great blacks, better blacks than my PW1) of the $69 Kindle, but Kindle 3 was overall the most balanced Kindle ever.

In the other thread where I documented by search for the perfect Kindle, I think Kindle 3 has loomed large in my head as far as expectations go. It was really a great product and it is too bad Amazon decided to go in different paths after it - the basic Kindle is a little too basic, too small maybe in some ways and the touch Kindles have been a mixed blessing too.

So far, Kindle 3 was the last "can't go wrong with this one" Kindle in my books.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearindex View Post
You guys are so right, Kindle 3 is probably the most balanced Kindle e-ink experience in existence - small, light, full-features (audio books and all), good keyboard and keys, good screen, great lighted cover...
Horrible, horrible keyboard, in my view. I can type about 10x faster on the "soft" keyboard on the Kindle Touch and successors, than on the nasty rubber keys of the K3.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #73
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Horrible, horrible keyboard, in my view. I can type about 10x faster on the "soft" keyboard on the Kindle Touch and successors, than on the nasty rubber keys of the K3.
Some people prefer tactile, real keyboards and especially page changing keys. In this respect Kindle 3 Keyboard was a quite balanced product. Of course it is not for much typing, but did work well for me for occasional searches etc. - compared to $69 Kindle which is a pain in this regard. PW keyboard is nice, but then that product comes with its own can of worms...
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #74
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

There were also reported problems (and a thread here) about the plastic developing cracks near the bottom of the screen.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #75
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
There were also reported problems (and a thread here) about the plastic developing cracks near the bottom of the screen.
We have and still use 3 of them. They all have the cracks, but they're so minor that they're a non-issue.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote