Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #196
fbones24
fbones24 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I was able to change the fonts, but now there is text missing at the end of each page on my e-reader. Do I have to upload the book again from the sony e library to repaginate?

Also, how do I change the font file on the library software on a mac?
fbones24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #197
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbones24 View Post
I was able to change the fonts, but now there is text missing at the end of each page on my e-reader. Do I have to upload the book again from the sony e library to repaginate?
You are at the very least the fiftieth person to ask about this, and that's why Step Four in the Guide goes into great detail to explain not only why this happens, but more importantly, how does one fix it. Please read it. You should have done so already.

There are other ways of updating the cached pagination data besides removing and reloading the books. That other way (deleting media.xml/cache.xml on the Reader) is also explained many, many times in this thread.

You have failed to carefully read both the Guide and the thread before asking... basically any question you have asked here. The answers were not hidden, but repeated in many different and obvious places.

You are not the only one who has done this, and I am honestly growing tired of answering the same couple of questions ad infinitum. If I am coming across as rude, please understand that it is only through exhaustion and frustration. I do not mean to.

I see that it has become necessary to add a notice along the lines of "Please read both the Guide and this thread before asking questions" in big, bold, red letters to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbones24 View Post
Also, how do I change the font file on the library software on a mac?
I honestly don't know.

Last edited by Valloric; 09-23-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #198
fbones24
fbones24 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I apologize for the repeated questions. I was honestly in a rush and should have just taken some more time to read the guide. Again, I'm sorry for the repeated unnecessary questions.

I would appreciate any help with the mac issue though if someone can answer that.
fbones24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #199
tommcmahon
tommcmahon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
55-Year-Old Likes The Bold Caecilia Font

Very easy to read. Thanks a million for these terrific instructions!!
tommcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #200
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Bug report: The Guide maintains that it is enough to update "font family" for the font files. Which is only partially correct - it is enough with serif fonts only, but it is insufficient with sans-serif and monospace - those need to have their "full font name" updated as well. Details in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55543
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #201
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
Bug report: The Guide maintains that it is enough to update "font family" for the font files. Which is only partially correct - it is enough with serif fonts only, but it is insufficient with sans-serif and monospace - those need to have their "full font name" updated as well. Details in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55543
Thanks for the bug report. The Guide's main purpose is to specify a way of replacing the main serif font, but I'll try to find time in the next few days to find a simple procedure for updating the other fonts, using this new information. I'll probably add it as an appendix.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #202
Mayr
Connoisseur
Mayr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3Gs
I tried do search this thread but wasn't clarified. I have a SOny PRS-505 bought in Europe with the firmware 1.2.00.18050 can I flash my device using this tutorial?
Mayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #203
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayr View Post
I tried do search this thread but wasn't clarified. I have a SOny PRS-505 bought in Europe with the firmware 1.2.00.18050 can I flash my device using this tutorial?
I believe so. The European firmware versions only differ in the date format displayed.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #204
Mayr
Connoisseur

I have successfully flashed the reader and all the mods I choosed are functional.
But some books display the text in the new font and others on the default reader font. All of them are .lrf . Any idea how to solve this problem? I used the font Vera Serif has suggest in the tutorial.

for the great guide
Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #205
Valloric

Quote:
But some books display the text in the new font and others on the default reader font. All of them are .lrf . Any idea how to solve this problem?
That is very strange. Maybe some of those LRF books use embedded fonts?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #206
Mayr
Connoisseur

No ideas how to fix this then?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #207
Valloric

Quote:
No ideas how to fix this then?
Not really, no. If those books use the default Reader font and are not using an embedded one, then they should display the font you added.

They could theoretically be using one of the two other default fonts, but I've honestly never encountered such an LRF file. Try changing the other two fonts just in case.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #208
Mayr
Connoisseur

But I like the fonts in the reader menu...

What exactly do you mean by "embedded fonts?"

Thanks for the assistance.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #209
Valloric

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by "embedded fonts?"
Embedded fonts are those that have been placed directly in the LRF file. This is not usually done, but sometimes it is. If a file has embedded fonts, these override the default ones.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #210
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
Here is a scan of my reader flashed with caecilia standard:

Flashing with my SD card didnt work for me, I had to use my memory stick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rott.JPG
Views:	486
Size:	784.9 KB
ID:	36799  
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote