Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-17-2015, 04:58 AM   #16
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Thanks RbnJrg too.

None of these solutions works for kobo, does it?
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:35 AM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v4n0 View Post
Thanks RbnJrg too.

AFAIK, Kobos have two rendering engines: one is based on RMSDK and the other is based on NetFront's ACCESS rendering engine. For more information on the file format, see this website and the MR Kobo forum.
If you want to do some experiments, you'll have to convert your epub2 files to epub3 files with the Sigil epub3 output plugin or use a dedicated epub3 editor.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #18
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Yeah I tried converting the files to KEPUB with the calibre plugin and they didn't show the numbers. Then I sent the EPUB files and they show fine, but they have this weird ".kepub.epub" double extension. Anyway Kobo eludes me a bit, but it seems to work in this case.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:11 AM   #19
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v4n0 View Post
Thanks RbnJrg too.

The first solution using class="number" and manually inserted numbers works for both epub2 and epub3 renderers (converted as Doitsu specifies above).

The second solution using counters and 'fancy' css only works as epub3.

That's on my Kobo Mini.
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #20
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Hello,

I'm curious, for anyone that does this, if the font size is different than the text itself, it seems to align like text-top. Is there anyway to sort of get it to look like it's aligned to bottom or baseline? Any setting I've tried doesn't do much. Perhaps I could set line-height for the span athough considering readers will vary with default line-height, I'm not sure if that's a good solution.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2017, 04:02 AM   #21
1v4n0
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
Hello,

I'm curious, for anyone that does this, if the font size is different than the text itself, it seems to align like text-top. Is there anyway to sort of get it to look like it's aligned to bottom or baseline? Any setting I've tried doesn't do much. Perhaps I could set line-height for the span athough considering readers will vary with default line-height, I'm not sure if that's a good solution.
Sorry for the grave-digging. At first glance, setting margin-top: .3em seems to work (where .3 comes from the font-size for the numbers being 70%).