Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
"SD Card Damaged. You might need to reboot" Error. Can anyone help?

Has anyone seen this error before?

I put in a micro SD card from an old android phone and moved all the pictures over with ES Explorer. It worked, but completely full the drive. So, I deleated the extra sub folder I had created in the DCIM folder. It worked, until I rebooted.

Now, when I boot up my PE Im greeted with the error message in the pulldown status bar. Everything loads well, I can load all programs, and everything seems to work, except...

any programs that save anything to disk.

Titanium Backup wont do batch process "cannot find backup folder" and stops before it starts. All my documents in my library app say "file not found" when I try to open.

Oh the eReader screen loads the startup/closing/screen saver screens all work, but anything I send to it just refreshes and stays as the screen saver screen.

Can anyone help me? Im guessing I need to mount a folder as an internal SD drive?
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
See the attached PDF.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
jdm001
Connoisseur

Oh sorry, I meant the internal SD card. The external micro SD card is fine.

Maybe this will help, I found out looking titanium backup something else that might help. When I went to , it gave me the chance to change directory. One of the options was find existing backup.

It found my old backup files in the following directory:

Old missing directory: mnt\sdcard

It found it here: \intsdcard

Do I just need to rename or redirect folder? I guess I need to mount intsdcard to mnt\sdcard since that's where all apps save their data?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
jdm001
Connoisseur

Bueler? Anyone, anyone?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Wish I could help, jdm, but you're beyond my (very limited) expertise.

All I can do is wish you luck, which I do!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Have you tried unmounting your external SD card and removing it, then switching off the PE for a short time.

What happens when you reboot?

If that doesn't help then I think you will have to read the thread about vicinc's problems and how he was able to mark dead cells on the internal flash memory because you may have to do just that.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
jdm001
Connoisseur

I believe i found what caused the problem, a usb drive i had with the u3 system on it. It never loaded, but i did use that the same time i used a microsd card.

I put in a new, fat32 formatted sd and usb and unmounted both. Neither worked. i have an 8 gb microsd card, i might just move everything to it in the settings > storage menu, and be stuck with that card forever.

ill try vicincs method first though. Thanks all for help and well wishes, ill let you know what happens
Old 02-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
jdm001
Connoisseur

Well no luck adding a newly fat32 formatted microsd card and tgen going to settings and then changing from device internal storage to sd card.

i get an error tgat says "Reader service stopped" and i have to click the force close button. Can anyone help?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
What do you get WITHOUT an SD card and/or USB stick plugged in?

Does your unit boot and if so do your apps work?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
jdm001
Connoisseur

It boots fine, I even get the reader wallpaper. All apps load, but many dont work. After putting in a new fat32 formatted sdcard, I now dont even have a "sd card error" in my system notification.

On apps, most work but any that call on saved data have issues. My reader library shows all my files, but then cant find them??

My 2nd browser says "external storage either in use or is not available. Please turn off usb storage and try again" and then auto shuts down. Facebook loads and logs in, but has some type of "retrieve error" and i cant view or update anything.

I think if I could rename folder "intsdcard" to "sdcard" (I think thats the main directory) or at least make that sys folder a shortcut to the real one, id be good. The current folder for \sdcard\ isempty and says unmounted.

I tried to copy all the files in ES explorer but it wont let me. I think its too many files for its paste function.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
jdm001
Connoisseur

FYI for anyone in the future that runs into this same problem, i never figured it out, but i believe it was one of the pointing files like vfat image file.

I gave up and did a Titanium Backup, reverted to Dingo, upgraded back to Ermine, then reinstalled all apps and system data with the TI backup files.

Seems to have fixed everything.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Happy you were able to resolve the issue satisfactorily and a huge THANK YOU for posting both the problem and the fix. Never know, with these quirky PE's, when we might run into the same problems and you've probably just saved us a lot of time and headaches
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote