Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
Tyrn
Tyrn began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Where exactly can I buy this brand?

I just got so frustrated that I had to create an account.

I'm Brazilian, so I'm usually aware of international websites to buy stuff from, but I can't find the Ideapad 2 ANYWHERE.

Not on amazon (.com, .co.uk. .it), not on ebay (which never failed me before), not on local websites that sell for outrageous prices.

So, the question is, where can I buy it? I'm not even sure I want the ideapad 2, because I don't know the price, but I want to find somewhere that sells it first. Thinking about the touch HD 2 too, but that is also really rare, I mostly find the first version.

If it's only in a specific language (like Deutsche, Italian, etc), could you at least point to a website that sends internationally?

I was reading the mobileread wiki and I found out they have a color version, which isn't even accessible in their main website. Wtf?

Also, if you allow me, I'm interested in the pocketbook line because it seems to handle PDFs (technical books) well. My other option would be the Onyx Boox M67L. Any thoughts on that?
Tyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:48 AM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
You mean Inkpad 2, not Ideapad, I assume. Now that we fixed the name, can you make a new search on the internet?

From what I can see on the company website and knowing the situation in my own country (continental Europe), Inkpad 2 is unfortunately out of stock. We must wait for Inkpad 3.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:07 AM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
And the colour device is long out of stock. It was quite slow, and the resolution wasn't very high, so it was harshly reviewed. In retrospect, I'm sorry I didn't get one for myself. Even with the poor performance, I think I would have enjoyed using it for reading cartoons.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:59 AM   #4
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
The Color device was this one https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/pr...specifications It was years ago since it came out and it flopped, so it quickly disappeared. And eink devices in general tend to disappear rather quickly, particularly those with bigger than 6" screen.

Currently available Pocketbook devices are here https://www.pocketbook-readers.de/e-reader/

Onyx Booxes are good as they tend to stay around longer. Take a look at them here https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-E...5-0_page1.html

and here https://ereader-store.de/en/5-e-book-readers

I myself am hoping for an affordable (6" to 10" screen) Android 6 device from Onyx Boox or Boyue this year.

Last edited by mobama; 01-04-2018 at 03:29 AM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote