Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
Kindleman9
Kindleman9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre not finding new download

My Calibre ver 0.7.29 is not finding (adding) a newly downloaded Sony EPUB book from WH Smith's. Previous books have been found OK but this one won't conform. I've tried removing and replacing Calibre software to no avail. HELP please.
Kindleman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

welcome, I hope you get it worked out
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

I'll try and get this moved to the Calibre thread - you'll stand a better chance of a response in there ..... good luck ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleman9 View Post
My Calibre ver 0.7.29 is not finding (adding) a newly downloaded Sony EPUB book from WH Smith's. Previous books have been found OK but this one won't conform. I've tried removing and replacing Calibre software to no avail. HELP please.
Calibre doesn't automatically find any books. You have to add the book. How are you trying to do that? Have you tried drag and drop to the main Calibre screen?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Kindleman9
Kindleman9 began at the beginning.

Many thanks for all the responses. I have cracked the problem. I've found the storage area for the Sony e-book downloads on my computer at My Docs/Username/My Books/E-Reader Library.

As a matter of interest, my Calibre library resides at DocSettings/username/Calibre Library.

Thanks again - Kindleman9
Kindleman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Be aware, though, that simply copying the files into the path of your calibre library doesn't add them- you need to add the books through either the GUI or the CLI tools.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote