Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
1% READ always

I never had a problem with my touch before, but it got corrupted somehow, so I did a factory reset and reloaded all my books. No big deal.

Everything is OK now except the percentage read is stuck on 1% no matter how much I read.

Anyone have or solve this problem?
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I don't have a touch, so this is a bit of guessing. If you archive everything, does it reset to unread?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

How do you archive everything?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
I never had a problem with my touch before, but it got corrupted somehow, so I did a factory reset and reloaded all my books. No big deal.

Everything is OK now except the percentage read is stuck on 1% no matter how much I read.

Anyone have or solve this problem?
I had that happen once. Can't remember for sure what I did. Try finishing the book and reopeningit?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
How do you archive everything?
On my Aura, if I open "Books" from the library and then touch the three line icon, it opens a menu with the choice to "archive all". That works on kepubs from Kobo.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This is one of the few things I think the desktop app is good for. From the library list with the device connected, it is fairly easy to archive or delete books from the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
ltr
Addict

What is the difference between archiving and deleting?

How would these functions affect percentage read?

I tried deleting some books from the device and then reloading them (all my books are kepub), and that didn't solve anything.

I tried marking the book as finished and when I reopened it and advanced a few chapters it still reads 1% read.

Ltr
Old 06-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Archiving removes the book file but keeps the details of the book. It is listed in the library and tapping the book downloads it. If you do that, it should remember the last reading position, unless the book was finished. In that case, it gets set to unread or maybe 1%.

Deleting the book removes all evidence of the book from the device. It won't sync after that. The only way i know to get it back is from the library on the Kobo site. You find it in the purchased list, select it and hit the "Bookmark" button. The next time you sync, the book will be downloaded. From memory, this will appear in the library list as 1% complete.

But, from what you are seeing, there is something else wrong. Unfortunately, It sounds like the database is corrupt. If you use calibre, there is a fair chance it will show a database error. If you have an SQLite browser, you can run the command "PRAGMA integrity_check" to test it. Powering off and on can also show things. If the database is to bad, you might get prompted to set up again. If it isn't that bad, some books might get readded to the database.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #9
ltr
Addict

Yikes, I don't think I want to play with the database commands.

I guess I'll try another factory reset and reload the books to see if that clears this pesky problem.

Thanks for the explanation of archive and delete - I get it now.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yikes, I don't think I want to play with the database commands.
I don't blame you. But, I'm one of the people who like playing with databases.
Quote:
I guess I'll try another factory reset and reload the books to see if that clears this pesky problem.
If it isn't to late, log out on the device. This will replace the current database with a new copy and then prompt you to do the setup. It usually fixes the corrupted database problems.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-08-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
ltr
Addict

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #12
ltr
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If it isn't to late, log out on the device. This will replace the current database with a new copy and then prompt you to do the setup. It usually fixes the corrupted database problems.
Yep, thanks - that corrected the problem. After logging out and back in (along with the annoying entering of the Wi-Fi password, etc.), all books now show correct percentage read.

ltr