Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
NookyBook
NookyBook began at the beginning.

Device: nook
urn:uuid in Adept epubs?

HI, in lending library epubs that had Adobe Digital Editions DRM removed via INEPT, there seems to be a string embedded in every file identifying the origination of the book.

The string is:
<meta name="Adept.resource" value="urn:uuid:a43f58df-6769-422f-a57f-f0afa42fe7a6"/>

This is in addition to the uid ISBN that is used in the epub. The string is in the header of every xml/html content file in the epub.

Is this urn:uuid a benign number, or can it be used as part of the ADEPT DRM to track down the origination of the download, purchaser, or the machine of the originator? Is it a bloody fingerprint?
NookyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Turn your books back in and erase the copy at the end of the term and it won't matter.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
NookyBook
NookyBook began at the beginning.

Device: nook
My concern is that the book I de-drm'd to read on two devices might alert the e-reader software and send the string to some DRM server that remotely locks up my nook. I don't want my nook to be flagged as a Pirate when I have sincere intentions.

Has anyone noticed this string or had their e-reader remotely disabled?
NookyBook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adept, drm, epub, inept, uuid