Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #31
pumana
pumana began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge 10.1in
Maybe interesting: I have at the very beginning purchased a red one for 149 USD, but the salesman asked me if he could send me the blue. I said ok. Color is not important to me, but obviously, the seller recognized that he can sell the red a bit more expensive. I think this hibernation bug is there for all devices and does not depend on the series??

and another thing:
Quote:
we have open and did all the updates
is a lie, the unit came on it with the old Dingo firmware.

Last edited by pumana; 06-14-2012 at 08:46 AM.
pumana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #32
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
First, you managed to get one and as you sat the colour does not matter - I have a white one because it was less expensive than the other colours.

Second, yes the hibernation bug appears to be in all the EEs but at least we have the ability to pull the battery to get everything working again.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
pumana

I asked this because read here that some people did not have the problem with older series. It looks as though there are different versions of the device. On the Internet there are photos, some with logo, some without. The rubber strips are also on some straight, on my eDGe they have small bumps.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #34
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I don't think there is much difference internally between the units with logos (later production run) and the early units without the logos.

The hibernation problem arrived with the Ermine update and because that was just before the company closed up shop it was never fixed. The all green still pictures arrived at the same time and never got fixed as well.

Prior to Ermine my EE hibernated without any problems but the update far outweighs the slight annoyance of switching off and on.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #35
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Cool! Congratulations Glow! I have a feeling that the EE is not going to be a gift to someone else. Do you know yet? Are you keeping it??
Happy ending, we found a gently used PE on eBay for our friend! Its portability will be better for her needs.

Meanwhile, I am definitely enjoying the EE. I think I bonded with it while fixing the library problem!

For reading I do like a larger font, and having more text on the screen is great.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #36
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Funny how fixing something makes it more your own . . .

Saw an EE on ebay today that has Ermine and Market update. I think they're asking $269. More, but not a bad price for working updates. Whose is it, I wonder??

Tininha, have you gotten yours yet?!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #37
Tininha
Enthusiast
Tininha began at the beginning.

Device: 2 Entourage Pocket Edge + Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Funny how fixing something makes it more your own . . .

Tininha, have you gotten yours yet?!
I agree with you: all that work is really bonding...

Mine will arrive probably in a month... They had already shipped, but will take about 8 working days to arrive in Customs, here... and then... who knows! When I bought my first PE, I received only 40 days later! But will be in my hands! Is all that matters...
Meanwhile, I'm learning what to do and what to not do...
Tininha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #38
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Yes the hibernation bug appears to be in all the EEs but at least we have the ability to pull the battery to get everything working again.
I purchased a used EE over a year ago and I have never had a problem with it coming out of hibernation. Guess I'm lucky (see post # 3: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141698 AND post # 36: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=141537&page=3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumana View Post
I asked this because read here that some people did not have the problem with older series. It looks as though there are different versions of the device. On the Internet there are photos, some with logo, some without. The rubber strips are also on some straight, on my eDGe they have small bumps.
For what it's worth my EE has the the straight rubber strips. I can't speak about the logo as my EE came with a Decal Girl Skin installed by the previous owner.

There are others who do not have hibernation problems with their EEs. Here's a couple:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=149499

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141698 - see post # 6).

However, my EE does take tinted green pictures and the default browser crashes like crazy which is why I use Opera Mini exclusively. It has never crashed.

Last edited by obsessed2; 06-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #39
Tininha
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
However, my EE does take tinted green pictures and the default browser crashes like crazy which is why I use Opera Mini exclusively. It has never crashed.
Those green pictures remained green when viewed in other devices or in a PC? And what about videos? Are they green, too?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #40
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tininha View Post
Those green pictures remained green when viewed in other devices or in a PC? And what about videos? Are they green, too?
Pictures have a green tint whether viewed on the eDGe or a PC. Oddly, the Pocket eDGe takes clear pictures with Ermine installed, and videos taken on the Pocket eDGe or full size eDGe do not have a green tint.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #41
Tininha
Enthusiast

Well, I have to see about that when my EE arrives... maybe I get lucky and be without this problem.
And yes, my 2 PE's doesn't took green pictures... or green videos...

Thank you for the answer.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #42
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
eBay 6/23/12

All disclaimers apply. Not my auction.

Used Entourage 4GB eDGe Android eReader Dualbook (Black)

US $184.29 Buy It Now
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #43
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
All disclaimers apply. Not my auction.

Used Entourage 4GB eDGe Android eReader Dualbook (Black)

US $184.29 Buy It Now
I was going to post that one, too! 60 day return policy and ships worldwide!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #44
pumana

But 100 $ shipping cost to Europe!

Last edited by pumana; 06-24-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #45
Tininha
Enthusiast

Talking My EE arrived today!

FINALLY!!!
It took long that I was expecting, but... it's here!
I'm charging it, so I don't know if it has Ermine, yet.

Anny comments or advices?
I'm so excited... I love my PE's, but the EE is huge!... and heavier than I thought... but is HUGE!!!