Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
lnmumu
lnmumu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lnmumu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lnmumu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lnmumu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony reader 950
prevent Sony Reader program from autolauching- Mac

I want to prevent the sony reader from automatically launching and preventing Calibre from connecting to it. An older thread provided no help.

I have a Mac 10.6 Snow Lepard. Another older post suggested that Mac users find the software for the auto launching that prevents Calibre from running in a folder called launch agents. In that thread, everyone agreed that nothing Sony related could be found.

If I go to Library/Application Support/Sony Corporation/Automagic/automagic.log Could that be the automatic start up file?

I don't know much about computers. I guess I could try putting it in an other file and see what happens.
lnmumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
PaulPosition
Enthusiast
PaulPosition began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
If I remember correctly, on my (Windows) Reader software and with the T1 connected, I had access to a 'settings' or 'options' box (or maybe a tab) where I could uncheck a 'autostart Reader' sort of option. -- Most certainly there should be one such option for MacOS... (???)

I never opened the software since or had it open on itself.
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
autolauch program