Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #76
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
v0.3.96 is on its way to the servers
It has a new dialog for GUI based format conversion. The dialog itself is fully functional, but clicking OK doesn't do anything. So if you have comments on the dialog design, now's the time.

linux users need to install mechanize and ClientForm. THe wiki has instructions for the various distros.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-16-2007 at 11:29 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #77
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
On the Mac, the application crashes right after entering your NYT password and username.

Amazing work none the less.

Sam Krupa
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #78
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm works for me on the Mac. What error do you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykrupa View Post
On the Mac, the application crashes right after entering your NYT password and username.

Amazing work none the less.

Sam Krupa
Old 08-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #79
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Terminal says:

Bus error

It worked once if I moved my library db and let libprs500 create a new one. Also, when I restart libprs500 it shows my password as my username.

BTW, does libprs500 actually embed the entire contents of added ebooks into the library1.db file?

Last edited by sammykrupa; 08-17-2007 at 03:11 PM.
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:37 PM   #80
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yes it does.
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #81
enjoilax
enjoilax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Pleases to upload new version!

I'm dying without it here. Ungh.
enjoilax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #82
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

it's already uploaded.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #83
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
hmm i'm stumped. the version of pyqt being used in libprs500 is obviously linked to a pre 4.3.0 qt. I don't see how though. try checking out libprs500 svn https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/Development
(delete the libprs500 .egg file from /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages first)
Well, just tried to run Eric4 and got a QScintilla error, so after a bit of searching around, re-installed PyQT4.3 and that seems to have fixed the gui. No longer am I getting the exceptions when I click add books (oh, and eric4 works too). Most odd.

Now just have to decide when to upgrade to the new version........
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #84
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Not sure if it's just me, but I got this error while trying to fetch the BBC rss feed tonight.

unpack requires a string argument of length 6
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main.py", line 503, in news_fetched
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main.py", line 273, in _add_books
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 24, in get_metadata
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 256, in get_metadata
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 475, in __init__
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 76, in __get__
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 343, in restore_pos
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.py", line 519, in unpack
File "struct.py", line 87, in unpack
return o.unpack(s)
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 6
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:24 PM   #85
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Bug. Will be fixed in next version.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #86
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
I'm buying you a beer one of these days.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #87
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Problems with libprs500

I'm a new Sony eReader owner and was glad to find libprs500 as an alternative to the clunky CONNECT software. After using it for a few days, however, I've found it to be almost useless.

Initially, I used html2lrf to convert ebooks. When dragging and dropping my newly created lrf files from the Library to the Reader, I would always get an error message. The book ended up on the device, but the error message was still there. Regretfully, I did not copy the error messages to post here, but they made references to specific lines of code in the program.

After I discovered Book Designer, I started to use BD exclusively for converting my ebooks. When trying to transfer BD-created lrf's (either self-made or downloaded from the ebooks section) to my eReader, libprs500 did not want to comply. The error message this time told me that the book I was transferring was already on the device (which I assure you, it was not). At first, this didn't bother me because the books still somehow ended up on the device. This morning, however, libprs500 gives me the same error, without the benefit of my books actually getting where I wanted them to go.

Besides the above mentioned issues, I've found that libprs500 needs to be closed and opened repeatedly just to refresh the Library and eReader lists for newly transferred books.

Although I love the idea behind libprs500 in concept (a much simpler method of moving books around than CONNECT), I have found too many problems with the program for it to be useful to me. It's unfortunate, but I will be uninstalling libprs500 and going back to CONNECT so I can get some new books on my eReader already!

Are there any other programs available for transferring ebooks or is CONNECT the only other alternative?
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #88
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You should switch to using the beta gui of libprs500. The old GUI has a lot of bugs on non linux platforms. See the thread in the reader developer's section. Its a sticky. And if you find problems, report them preferably with detailed error messages so they can be fixed.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #89
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The installation file I used was: libprs500-0.3.95.exe

Is that not the beta GUI? I just downloaded it for the first time about 3-4 days ago and I've never had any other installation of libprs500.

I apologize for not holding onto the error messages I had before. If I ever decide to give libprs500 another shot, I'll be sure to post them on this forum. To be honest though, I think I'd rather wait for a newer release before trying the current one again.
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacoupe View Post
The installation file I used was: libprs500-0.3.95.exe

Is that not the beta GUI? I just downloaded it for the first time about 3-4 days ago and I've never had any other installation of libprs500.

I apologize for not holding onto the error messages I had before. If I ever decide to give libprs500 another shot, I'll be sure to post them on this forum. To be honest though, I think I'd rather wait for a newer release before trying the current one again.
Since your version is now out of date, the solution is to download the 0.3.99 version and have a go at that one and then see what happens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote