Notices

Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #31
KaiGoth
Enthusiast
KaiGoth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 & PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
...The loss of perpetual progress bars is nice; however, I don't see any indication anymore (aside from the reader's screen) that books are being sent...
On the first beta version, the bottom right corner hour glass would spin. Haven't tried uploading files to the reader with .90 yet.
KaiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #32
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Kovid,

Do you have a features/requirements list for the GUI? There are a ton of things I would love to see added, but I'm betting most of them are already on your to-do list.

Thanks,
-KG
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Only in my head i'm afraid
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v0.3.91 should soon be on the servers. It has a fix for a nasty deletion bug in the database view and also a refactoring of the code to sync metadata on the device, in preparation for supporting collections. Multiple file selection is back.

As a result you may find that you lose history bookmarks when you upload/delete from the reader, in which case let me know.

EDIT: And thanks for all the bug reports so far. If I had to do all that testing on 3 platforms, I would simply never have time for coding.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #35
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Only in my head i'm afraid
hahaha, guess I'll just have to enter enhancement request tickets! Would you prefer them individually or bundled?

Thanks again for a great tool.
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #36
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

individual is better.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #37
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Oh, just noticed that the cover image no longer shows up in the bottom right corner, just the default tent.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #38
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

For all books?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #39
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
For all books?
Actually, they seem to be there when displayed under the reader, but not the library. Also, the only books on the reader that display a cover, are the ones that were added through the Sony Connect app. I deleted a few books from the reader, and re-added using libprs500, no cover.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #40
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
I sent three books to the reader at once and didn't notice any rotation. As I said, I had to look at the reader for activity to be sure.

And as for the icons, that was just a small quibble. I use KDE. For my .lrf files, I've set the sytem up to show an icon of the reader itself. For libprs500, I set up a menu item using the same icon with the ubuntu logo superimposed on the screen.

Thanks for answering the question about the library versus the hard drive. I'm still getting used to the library being a database file, rather than a representation of the files on my drive.

And as for the "delete" function, something that makes it clear that it's just a removal (ie "remove from device" or "remove from library") would make me feel better. The first time I used the GUI, I was actually worried that "delete" would get rid of my archived file on the hard drive when I was just removing it from the library.

Quote:
It's actually OSX that has the problems with drag'n drop

doesn't the hourglass in the bottom right corner rotate for you? Clicking on it will bring up a listing of active jobs

the icons are shamelessly stolen from the oxygen kde theme. I decided to move to svg icons and that phone icon was the best I could find. If you know of a better one, send it my way.

the library doesn't touch your hard drive it stores the files internally in a database, another design decision based on its cross platform nature. At some point i'll implement a save button that will export files from the database to the hard drive.

Delete books does just that deletes books from either the reader or the internal database. If you have a suggestion for a better term, I'm all ears.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #41
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You'll only see the cover if you add a cover using the edit metadata dialog. It doesn't pick up covers automatically from books.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-06-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

How about "Remove books"? Does the number of jobs change (under the hourglass)?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #43
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
You'll only see the cover if you add a cover using the edit metadata dialog. It doesn't pick up covers automatically from books.
Ahh, OK.

Maybe I'll add this as a feature request!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #44
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

i think there's already a request for that. Once I integrate a GUI for the 2lrf tools it wont be necessary assuming you use the GUI to do the conversion.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #45
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
i think there's already a request for that. Once I integrate a GUI for the 2lrf tools it wont be necessary assuming you use the GUI to do the conversion.
Cool, but will I really need to use the GUI instead of the CLI? The files on my reader now were converted using lit2lrf, and uploaded via Sony Connect. I did zero meta-data changes. The only option used in lit2lrf was --delta-font=-1.25. I'm guessing that means the Sony software extracted the cover image, since I can see it when connecting to libprs500. Can the GUI not extract as well?