sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #17
KaiGoth
Enthusiast
KaiGoth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 & PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
When you say it seems to complete you mean the progress bar reaches 100%. I assume there are no messages in the terminal? Can you send me your library.db (if it's not too big), as I cant reproduce this error with mine.

On running it a second time all the files have been imported?
Attached old and new libraries, less than 500K each. Only message in terminal is "Migrating database from pre 0.4.0 version". The progress bar never actually moves at all, but it seems to complete because once I kill it and restart, my files will show up just fine and I can add/delete without problems now.

Last edited by KaiGoth; 08-06-2007 at 06:19 PM.
KaiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #18
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Mac bug:

Adding an available format to a book already in the library doesn't work.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGoth View Post
Attached old and new libraries, less than 500K each. Only message in terminal is "Migrating database from pre 0.4.0 version". The progress bar never actually moves at all, but it seems to complete because once I kill it and restart, my files will show up just fine and I can add/delete without problems now.
Thanks this bug will be fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykrupa View Post
Mac bug:

Adding an available format to a book already in the library doesn't work.
Macs are strange ;-)

Releasing 0.3.90 which fixes this bug and KaiGoth's database import bug. Should be on the servers in ~30mins.
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #21
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Macs are always perfect (-:

Linux and Windows are strange (-:
Old 08-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #22
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Looks and works great as usual. Thanks, Kovid! Is the constant polling of the USB line a bug or a feature? I notice that while libprs500 is running, my scanner is keeps re-init-ing.

This is on a Kubuntu Linux testing system, so I dunno if it's fair to report it to you or not. ;-)
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm the only polling that happens is a periodic scan of the USB buses to see if the reader has been connected or disconnected. I don't know why that should cause your scanner to re-init. May be a libusb bug.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Well, just installed (Ubuntu) following the instructions at your site - no previous installation. The GUI comes up, however when I click Add books, I get the following exception:

restoreState
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main.py", line 225, in add_books
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/__init__.py", line 203, in
choose_files File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/__init__.py",
line 163, in __init__ AttributeError:restoreState

In addition, noticed that when the Gui starts, I get the following message in the terminal:
QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'PyQt_PyObject'
(Make sure 'PyQt_PyObject' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)

Note - I don't have the reader connected at this point.
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You need to upgrade to PyQt 4.3.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #26
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

I'm already using PyQt 4.3 (fresh install - needed it for Eric 4)
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

what version of qt do you have? the restore state function was introduced in 4.3

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qfiledi...l#restoreState
Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #28
KaiGoth
Enthusiast
KaiGoth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 & PRS700
Just tested, the new version does fix the update library issue. In fact, it was so fast it was just a blip on the screen!

The only problem I now have adding books is that I can only select one file at a time, whereas the old one allowed multiple selections.
KaiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #29
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Thanks again, man. Of all the things on that bus, only the scanner and two printers seem to be affected. Every three seconds or so, the line seems to reset. Could very well be a testing version of libusb in Ubuntu Gutsy.

A few comments on the interface...
* I miss drag'n'drop, but I don't mind losing it for a wider user base (even if they happen to be weird windows users).
* The loss of perpetual progress bars is nice; however, I don't see any indication anymore (aside from the reader's screen) that books are being sent.
* Are your interface icons taken from the OS or are they in your distribution? The "send to device" icon I see is more like a chocolate phone than a reader.
* There should be a better term than "delete books." I always wonder if it's going to trash my original files on my computer, or just remove it from the library.

Something I've wondered, too. What happens to files in the library if they're moved on the hard drive? For example, I store all my books in a "reader" folder. If I copy them to the device, and my reader folder gets moved, what does libprs500 do if I delete the book from the device and subsequently want to re-send it?

Just a few questions and constructive criticisms. Far be it from me to bitch. I can only get by with half-decent bash scripting. ;-) Again, very good work, Kovid, and thanks for doing it for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm the only polling that happens is a periodic scan of the USB buses to see if the reader has been connected or disconnected. I don't know why that should cause your scanner to re-init. May be a libusb bug.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's actually OSX that has the problems with drag'n drop

doesn't the hourglass in the bottom right corner rotate for you? Clicking on it will bring up a listing of active jobs

the icons are shamelessly stolen from the oxygen kde theme. I decided to move to svg icons and that phone icon was the best I could find. If you know of a better one, send it my way.

the library doesn't touch your hard drive it stores the files internally in a database, another design decision based on its cross platform nature. At some point i'll implement a save button that will export files from the database to the hard drive.

Delete books does just that deletes books from either the reader or the internal database. If you have a suggestion for a better term, I'm all ears.