Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
jvik
jvik began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Add a cover from the ebook file

When I drop a file on calibre's gui (a pdf, in this case) I can have calibre look in the file for the metadata, and it will set the cover if there is one in the file.

Is there any way to do this from the gui once the book is in the library?

I have the books names and authors correct in the file name, so it's much less work to have calibre extract those from the file name.

Thanks,

JW
jvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can use both the edit metadata dialog and the bulk edit metadata dialog to do this.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
jvik

Bulk metadata editor - yes, I've done that before - forgot about it. But I don't see a place on the single file editor for it - generating a cover doesn't seem to look in the file, browse wants an image file, and download looks on the net.

But the bulk version will work fine for me.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look at the buttons around the list of formats.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
jvik

Got it!
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
ddjohn
Enthusiast
ddjohn began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX; Pandigital-7W
Found it too, now that it is pointed out to us. (So happy to find this option.) But this is not someplace we would expect to find this function. Would it be possible to resize the the buttons under the cover image and put the function with the rest of the cover options? Too many times I've downloaded a cover image from the internet and found the image inside the ebook was a better quality. Not seeing the function in the cover options area, I have been removing the ebook and reloading it to get back to the embedded cover. (more newbie time wasting.)
ddjohn is offline   Reply With Quote