Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
ADE too many activations

With all the upgrading of our 3 family Kobos I am now getting a message from ADE that I have too many activations?

Thoughts?
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe you can get in touch with Adobe Techincal support to get this status reset.

As Taming posted elsewhere here

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Go to this page in Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/

Look to your left, you will see "submit a web case". They seem to reset authorizations fairly quickly. It took them less than 24 hours the last time they did that for me.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yes adobe support;

And can't you download once on PC, and upload the book to the 3 kobo with only one activation ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You can use one ADE account with 6 devices, but each device is activated separately. When there is an update that requires that you reauthorize the device with Adobe, you can burn though those authorizations fairly quickly as each of the devices will appear to be new.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

yep that what happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You can use one ADE account with 6 devices, but each device is activated separately. When there is an update that requires that you reauthorize the device with Adobe, you can burn though those authorizations fairly quickly as each of the devices will appear to be new.

I hope adobe gets back to me soon by reseting the ade activations b/c I cant read the books that I have bought without them reseting.
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
baronrus
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
I hope adobe gets back to me soon by reseting the ade activations b/c I cant read the books that I have bought without them reseting.
So less than 24 hours and ADobe has reset the activations and all is well.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
LeviTX
LeviTX doesn't litterLeviTX doesn't litter

Device: Kobo WiFi, Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
So less than 24 hours and ADobe has reset the activations and all is well.
It's good that you got this worked out. I'll add that ADE seems to use the term "device" rather loosely--My Nook Color with Aldiko installed seems to have "consumed" 2 device allotments, one for the BN software and one for the Aldiko software. My Kobo ate another, then my Nook, and finally my Android-based phone running Nook for Android, Kindle for Android, and Aldiko "consumed" 2 more.

It also treats a freshly formatted SD card with unactivated digital editions folders as more devices to activate, so thats another thing to watch out for.

And if you like to experiment with your devices--flashing different Android ROMs on your phone, "tweaking" the Nook Color--anything that puts it into a "factory" state, you'll trigger the need to reactivate again, consuming more device slots.

Fortunately, my situation only required one web case and a few updates along the lines of "getting the message on x device now" and it was resolved rather quickly.

Just something to keep in mind if you have several ADE-compatible devices.

-Levi
LeviTX is offline   Reply With Quote