Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Question Recommended SSH server for android phone

It seems that if I want to work on my android phone I am going to need to install an SSH server. There are a number of them available on the Google play store, but I would appreciate a recommendation from people here as to which one works best for them. In case it makes a difference, I will be installing it on an android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) phone and accessing from my linux mint 17.1 rebecca laptop.

Given that a number of them are free I would need a reason to pay for one, but I would consider paying if such a good reason exists.

Dave
dhdurgee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
amazon author
Cracking Coding Interview
amazon author began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
You may give juicessh a try.
amazon author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazon author View Post
You may give juicessh a try.
Unless I am missing something, juicessh is an SSH client allowing you to access an SSH server from your android phone. I am looking for an SSH server to allow me to access my android phone from my laptop.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Dave
Old 05-01-2015, 06:31 AM   #4
Dai Shan
Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Dai Shan understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PRS-T1, K4NT, Boyue T62
You might want to checkout Servers Ultimate. I haven't used it personally, but I know a couple of people who do and they like it.
Dai Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
dhdurgee
Guru

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Shan View Post
You might want to checkout Servers Ultimate. I haven't used it personally, but I know a couple of people who do and they like it.
Someone else I know and asked about this asked me why I was re-inventing the wheel and suggested I should be looking at adb. I intend to do so at this point before going further with SSH.

Given my novice status in the android area I would appreciate any comments on this opinion.

Dave
Old 05-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #6
nard
nard began at the beginning.

Device: none
If you are behind a restrictive Firewall that uses DPI technology, you need to tunnel your OpenVPN through SSH tunnel to be able to bypass Firewall with getting banned. SSH encryption is similar to SSL encryption so Government won't detect that you are using VPN connection. Get WaselProVPN http://www.vpnanswers.com/secure-and...-without-root/ with no need to root your device.
nard is offline   Reply With Quote