Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It should work without the serial number. It is only used in a few circumstances and for the main one, it probably doesn't matter. Plus, I haven't heard of any problems for people who don't set it.

But, I have just had a look at the image and some examples of the serial number. At offset 0x200 in the image, it should have:

SN-N705000000000

The serial number should look like:

N705123456789

The first four characters are the model number. The other nine are unique to the device should be all numbers.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:27 AM   #32
ivaren
ivaren began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
My Mini has a serialno like this:
(SF) 50612A212AZ012345

(Sticker on the pcb) Maybe it is the pcb number and not serial no which is only on the box.
(I don't have the box) So i don't think the # in the image matters.
Advert
Old 08-11-2017, 06:33 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaren View Post
My Mini has a serialno like this:
(SF) 50612A212AZ012345

(Sticker on the pcb) Maybe it is the pcb number and not serial no which is only on the box.
(I don't have the box) So i don't think the # in the image matters.
No, that's not the serial number. I can't remember if it is in the board anywhere. You probably need to read the serial number from the card somehow when you take it out. Or, if you are a calibre user and use my Kobo Utilities plugin to backup the database, the version file will also have the serial number in it.

Otherwise, don't worry about it and put the image on the card as it it.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:37 AM   #34
Makc28rus
Makc28rus began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Mini
Me please image Kobo mini. Thnx

Last edited by Makc28rus; 03-12-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #35
MrXtreme
MrXtreme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Hi, my Kobo Mini refuses to turn on now, just blinks blue, then green, I was thinking I could try flashing the micro SD card, could I have an image please?
Advert
Old 03-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #37
popof18
popof18 began at the beginning.

hi everybody, I have made a mistake and I erased the SD card, can you send me the SD image for my N705 device, Thank so much.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #39
popof18
popof18 began at the beginning.

Thank you very much for the SD card image.
I have used the HDD Raw Copy software to transfer the image to the 2Gb SD card, but unfortunatly my kobo mini still don't want to turn on.
So I made a factory reset by holding the reset buton and have slided the power button, the LED became green / blue / green and turn off...then I heared a strange noise from the main square chip located on the PCB...I was affraid so I have press the reset button again and the noise have stopped.

I have check the SD card with Mini Tool Partition and I found that all look ok ( 10Mb Unallocated / rootfs 256MB / recoveryfs 256MB / KOBOeReader 1.3GB / Unallocated 16MB)

I do not have modified the SN and leave the one SN-N705000000000 because I don't know where is the box of my KOBO and the number sticked on the PCB is too long > (SF) 506 12A212AZ012345

I don't know what to do now, do you have any suggest ?
Thank you

Last edited by popof18; 04-24-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:13 AM   #40
luisgalera
luisgalera began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo, Mini
Hi expert ! Could you send me the SD image for Kobo Mini. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:12 AM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:27 AM   #42
fireball0512
fireball0512 began at the beginning.

Hi ! davidfor

My kobo mini have some issue.

Could you please send me the kobo mini SD image ?

Thank you!
Old 05-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:24 AM   #44
Stev1e
Stev1e began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Hello Davidfor.

My kobo mini is kaput. Powers on but the screen is scrambled. Tried resets etc. I’d like to try the sd card fix before I give up on it.
Could you send me the image and instructions please
Old 05-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Closed Thread