Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #31
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
@baskerville : any recommandations to run it from ksm ?
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:49 PM   #32
nicolas161
Enthusiast
nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
baskerville, I would also like to make the line thicker, and I don't mind if I have to compile the app by myself. What are the lines I would have to change in the code in order to do it?

Thanks a lot for your work.
nicolas161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:29 AM   #33
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
@cramoisi: I'm not familiar with KSM, so I won't be able to make any recommendations. You might want to wait a little bit: Sketch will be the first application to be available within the Plato environment.

@nicolas161: You'll have to rewrite draw_line_segment in src/framebuffer.rs.

Another way to get thicker lines and anti-aliasing is to run potrace on the raw output (cf. attachment).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dog_man.png
Views:	300
Size:	551.3 KB
ID:	163584  

Last edited by baskerville; 04-21-2018 at 04:31 AM.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:05 AM   #34
Isayk1988
Isayk1988 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
In the name of God

Could you help me how can I install it on Aura One that doesn't have SD
Because I couldn't find SD root
Thanks
Isayk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #35
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isayk1988 View Post
Could you help me how can I install it on Aura One that doesn't have SD
Because I couldn't find SD root
When you plug your e-reader to your computer, it should appear as a removable disk. You need to extract the relevant ZIP archives to this disk. And then eject the disk and follow the instructions given in fmon's documentation on how to handle the newly imported PNG icon.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #36
Clouds
Clouds began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I installed Sketch on my Kobo Aura One.
Fmon installation failed, so I added Sketch as a user script to KSM 9 that I already had installed.

XY were swapped until I added these lines to sketch.sh (as per README):

export SKETCH_UNSWAP_XY=1
export SKETCH_UNMIRROR_X=1

I'd be happy to provide the output of ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 PCB 2> /dev/null but that's a huge number of lines and I can't get remote command to work :-(
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #37
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Works with Kfmon without KSM.

Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 10-22-2018 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Avoid misunderstanding.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #38
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I installed Sketch on my Kobo Aura One.
Fmon installation failed, so I added Sketch as a user script to KSM 9 that I already had installed.
KSM bypasses on-animator.sh. Therefore, your Fmon installation does not work (as long as KSM is enabled), and KFMon would not work for the same reason.

As for the script to start sketch from KSM, I would try the following:

Spoiler:
Code:
#! /bin/sh

cd "/mnt/onboard/.adds/sketch" || exit 1

case $PRODUCT in
  dragon|dahlia|snow ) platoRotate="1";;
  * ) platoRotate="3";;
esac

if [ "${platoRotate}" != "$(cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate)" ]; then
  echo "${platoRotate}" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
  if [ "${platoRotate}" != "$(cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate)" ]; then
    echo "$((platoRotate ^ 2))" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
  fi
fi

# If the touch feedback doesn't match the position of your fingers, add the following:
# export SKETCH_UNSWAP_XY=1
# export SKETCH_UNMIRROR_X=1

./sketch > crash.log 2>&1
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #39
baskerville
Evangelist

Plato now includes an improved version of Sketch.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:19 AM   #40
ColFormi
ColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo glo hd
Firstly, thank you baskerville. I have sketch on my Glo HD. I like it very much. But is there a place to download the improved version independently without Plato?

And, one question to everyone here, has anyone installed Sketch on more recent devices like Clara HD or Forma?
ColFormi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:51 AM   #41
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColFormi View Post
But is there a place to download the improved version independently without Plato?
There isn't, but I might add a flag to Plato in order to set Sketch as the initial view.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #42
ColFormi
ColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
There isn't, but I might add a flag to Plato in order to set Sketch as the initial view.
Thank you for your reply. I happened to find a post on your reddit, in which you explained how it all started. So now with this version, it seems like everything has come together. The ereader and the sketch pad are integrated as one. Congratulations! I'll try Plato.

Sorry, one question.
Presently I have KOreader installed on my Glo HD with your fmon. Now it seems that to install Plato, I also have to install KSM? But isn't it that for every device, there can only be one launcher?

Last edited by ColFormi; 12-25-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #43
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColFormi View Post
Presently I have KOreader installed on my Glo HD with your fmon. Now it seems that to install Plato, I also have to install KSM?
No you don't: you already have a launcher.

I'll fix the documentation.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #44
ColFormi

Thank you. I installed Plato successfully.

--------------

Your Plato is a visually pleasing work of art.
Just two thoughts:
1) Can the screen snapshot function be extracted as a single tool for the use of Kobo?
2) Wouldn't it be nice if the snapshot images could also be imported? If it could be done, then perhaps we can finally pretend to write notes on the margin with whatever we are reading.

Last edited by ColFormi; 12-27-2018 at 09:33 PM.