Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Aura ONE Calibre and Windows XP

I bought an Aura ONE. I use Windows XP (yes, yes I know) and was using Calibre 2.0 (the last version usable with XP) and it worked well with my Glo HD.

Calibre 2.0 doesn't detect my Aura ONE. It did detect my Glo HD.

Can it detect the Aura ONE?

Is this the end of the line for Calibre and XP with the Aura ONE?

Thanks,

Volpo
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It probably should be, for your own sake,, but no, Calibre is a pretty amazing piece of software.

Assuming Windows XP recognizes the Kobo as exposes the USB storage, then you can open the Calibre preferences, Miscellaneous button, then "Get Information to set up the User Device."

Once you've aquired the USB ID's, you can customize the "User Defined USB Driver"
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
However the user defined device will not provide any of the features of the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended drivers, nor will the KoboUtilities plugin function

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:54 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Didn't the SQL version needed to communicate with the Kobo's database by the calibre driver also need upgrading for firmware versions 4.x.x used by the AuraOne?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:41 PM   #5
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it is time to move on.

Great to know that Calibre is adaptable but those features are needed.

About the SQL DB thing, there is a workaround that works well with my Glo HD and is not too annoying.

Thanks everyone, it's just as I thought.

Volpo
Old 03-16-2018, 02:35 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Yes, it is time to move on.

Great to know that Calibre is adaptable but those features are needed.

About the SQL DB thing, there is a workaround that works well with my Glo HD and is not too annoying.
What is the work around for the Glo HD? Where you changing the database from write-ahead-logging to something else? If so, that would work with the Aura ONE.

I did put out a version of the KoboTouch driver for use with calibre 1.48 for those stuck on WinXP. It was intended to add support for the later devices. I stopped updating it when Kobo change the database to write-ahead-logging as that meant more work than I was interested in doing. It isn't really that hard to do, just a bit of work.

If you are changing the database on the device to no use write-ahead-logging, then updating the 1.48 version of the driver to support the Aura ONE is very simple.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:02 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's time to move n from XP. Calibre is not going to ever work properly for you while you use XP. You need at least Windows 7. None of these suggested workarounds are going to work well enough with your Kobo Aura One. You need a newer version of Calibre and the only way to get that is to upgrade from XP.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:41 AM   #8
volpo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Where you changing the database from write-ahead-logging to something else?

(snip)

If you are changing the database on the device to no use write-ahead-logging, then updating the 1.48 version of the driver to support the Aura ONE is very simple.
Davidfor, you helped me with the Glo HD by pointing me to the database. I am using Calibre v2.0 and the SQLite Firefox add-on. I change the DB from WAL to Delete and I get as much as I need out of Calibre. It actually works quite well. If you wanted to update the driver for Calibre 2.0 I'd appreciate it but it sounds like too much work for just one user.

JSWolf, you are right I have to move on.

Thanks everyone.

Volpo
Old 03-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Even Kobo is no longer supporting XP with their Desktop software.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote