Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-03-2024, 04:11 PM   #1
opusv
opusv began at the beginning.

Device: librera
Viewer for Android

Hi, Calibre is the best book management in the world.
But the viewer is fantastic by its simplicity, light and practical.
May you consider creating an Android version of the viewer? without the need of content server?
just the viewer, I, like thousands of people would love to buy it, that may fund the Calibre project as well.
Please consider it.
Many thanks great team of developers!:

Last edited by opusv; 03-03-2024 at 04:14 PM.
opusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 09:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unfortunately I am not not interested in learning to write apps for mobile OSes that mean that you are permanently dependent on the whims of giant SV companies.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2024, 09:50 PM   #3
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Perhaps the viewer part of calibre server could be repackaged as a PWA, with a standard FileReader interface to get books. This would make the viewer available on mobile devices without any need to get into the details of the mobile OSes and--I think--without a lot of work.

The "perhaps" is because I couldn't actually locate the javascript code that is the viewer part of the server so I don't really know how complex the conversion would be.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:01 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no JS its in rapydscript which gets compiled to JS. And there is more than just using file read books need to be preprocessed to make them suitable code which is currently implemented in a mix of python and C++
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:03 PM   #5
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Thanks.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2024, 07:09 AM   #6
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Perhaps the viewer part of calibre server could be repackaged as a PWA, with a standard FileReader interface to get books. This would make the viewer available on mobile devices without any need to get into the details of the mobile OSes and--I think--without a lot of work.

The "perhaps" is because I couldn't actually locate the javascript code that is the viewer part of the server so I don't really know how complex the conversion would be.
If you are working on it, I hope your app handles well the difficulty/inability to select texts on many devices using Chrome (and other browsers, except for Firefox)

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote