Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-13-2024, 01:43 AM   #1
h68
h68 began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
Closing the dictionnary

Hi,

I am using the E-book viewer. I double click on a word and press L to open the 'Lookup' (look up in Google Dic, ...).
How can I close the 'Lookup' without the mouse?
I can find an 'x' on the right to close it with the mouse but didn't find a way to close it with the keyboard.
(Linux/Ubuntu 23.10)
Thanks for your help
h68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ctrl+l
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2024, 08:36 AM   #3
h68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
ctrl+l
Thanks for the answer.
Unfortunately CTRL+I does not close the 'Lookup' but opens 'Inspector'.
I suppose it makes sense:I for Inspector.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:54 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's ctrl + L l is lowercase L
Old 02-13-2024, 09:03 AM   #5
h68

Quote:
Yes. Sorry for the confusion.
I confim that CTRL+L closes the 'Lookup'.
Thanks for your help
Advert
Old 02-13-2024, 09:05 AM   #6
h68

Quote:
May I have another 5 minutes of your precious time?
Where is CTRL+L documented?
Old 02-13-2024, 09:35 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

In the viewer preferences under keyboard shortcuts. Or if you prefer actual documentation, in the calibre user manual at: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/vie...oard-shortcuts
Old 02-13-2024, 12:04 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
ctrl+l
Quote:
Originally Posted by h68 View Post
Thanks for the answer.
Unfortunately CTRL+I does not close the 'Lookup' but opens 'Inspector'.
I suppose it makes sense:I for Inspector.
Quote:
Sans-serif advocates, please take note of the example of ambiguity and confusion.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book viewer