Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 01-24-2024, 08:28 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantsing View Post
it depends on my preferences. 1.8 em is more closed to eassys or Publiced books, For me, i wants a big font which needs biger line-height .
You use the ereader or app settings to set line-height, which fails if set in css. The line-height should never be set in a reflowable ebook.
Also the line-height is automatically more according to actual size of font (font metrics and font size).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:05 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantsing View Post
it depends on my preferences. 1.8 em is more closed to eassys or Publiced books, For me, i wants a big font which needs biger line-height .
Not quite true. See attached images where I changed the base font size from 0.75em to 1.0em to 2.0em in the basic body style. The 4th image is 2em with a line height set to 1.8. For my personal uses, the only time I use a line height is when working on a book for visually impaired where I find a line height of 1.5 works better. Basically, line height is a multiplier for the font size so increasing the font size automagically increases the line height unless you try setting the line height in absolute units (32px for instance). Absolute units should never be used in a reflowable ebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample_.75em.png
Views:	16
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	206008   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample_1em.png
Views:	18
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	206009   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample_2em.png
Views:	19
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	206010   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample_2em_1.8lh.png
Views:	18
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	206011  

Last edited by DNSB; 01-24-2024 at 04:09 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert