Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-02-2022, 08:32 PM   #1
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Problems with Image CSS

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in, so I'll try here...

I created an epub with Sigil and published it to Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Kobo. It looks pretty good in general, but I'm having some major problems with images - it appears that the CSS I assigned to them isn't working.

For example, if I have an image whose width is 50% of the page and it's floated to the right, it spans 98% of the page in the published version, with a tiny sliver of text on the left.

Or if I have a tiny icon that's supposed to measure around 20 pixels, it, too, spans the entire page.

The problem is worst in Kobo, but they haven't replied to my queries.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
SigilBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I doubt anyone is going to be able to help resolve this without seeing the actual HTML and CSS for the images and encompassing elements.

Have you run the book though EpubCheck?

(This probably belongs in the ePub forum. You can report your own post and ask a moderator to move it.)

Last edited by jhowell; 02-02-2022 at 09:47 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2022, 01:03 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigilBear View Post
I'm not sure which forum this belongs in, so I'll try here...

I created an epub with Sigil and published it to Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Kobo. It looks pretty good in general, but I'm having some major problems with images - it appears that the CSS I assigned to them isn't working.

For example, if I have an image whose width is 50% of the page and it's floated to the right, it spans 98% of the page in the published version, with a tiny sliver of text on the left.

Or if I have a tiny icon that's supposed to measure around 20 pixels, it, too, spans the entire page.

The problem is worst in Kobo, but they haven't replied to my queries.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
If I were a betting woman, I'd say, sight unseen, that they're contained inside paragraph HTML. Rather than being standalone img tags inside, say, divs?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:52 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
This appears to be a continuation of your previous thread - with the same title and the same problem. Perhaps we can just continue the discussion there so everyone knows the history.

Please ask a moderator to merge the two threads. Thanks!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote