Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
leonm
leonm began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max Carta (Prospective)
Where to buy Onyx Boox Max Carta?

Hey everyone,

I am planning on buying the Onyx Boox Max Carta. I have heard many people here have bought their device on http://ereader-store.de/en/, which is known for good support? My problem is, buying there is quite a bit more expensive than banggood. Hence my questions:

1) Does anyone know what the warranty policy is on the Ereader-Store? If there is a written policy that is much better than banggood that might be worth spending the difference.

2) Has anyone bought their device at https://www.banggood.com/de/ONYX-BOO...p-1069484.html ?

3) Does anyone know what sort of import duty / taxes might be added to the total when importing to the US (New Jersey) from Germany vs from China?

Thank you so much for your help!

Best wishes,
Leon
leonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
1. There is the legal period of 2 years from delivery of the goods in Germany.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2017, 05:48 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
On ereader-store.de, you have two prices, one for inside the Europe (VAT included), a second without for the rest of the world. In your case : without VAT.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
On ereader-store.de, you have two prices, one for inside the Europe (VAT included), a second without for the rest of the world. In your case : without VAT.

That's only part of the story.

You need to be aware of the import duties, taxes, shipping, etc. to your country.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
That's only part of the story.

You need to be aware of the import duties, taxes, shipping, etc. to your country.
Unless there has been a change, the price at ereaderstore.de includes shipping by UPS.

However, as you say, that still leaves taxes and duty. That amounted to about $132 for shipping to Canada for me.

However, in my case, UPS made a mistake, actually multiple mistakes, and I only ended up paying about a tenth of that. UPS eventually waived the remainder of the duty/taxes due to their errors.

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-24-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #6
leonm
leonm began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max Carta (Prospective)
Okay after some research, from what I can gather the import taxes and duty to NJ (USA) are 0% unless the total shipping value exceeds 800USD (at which point it jumps up to several percentage points). While both ereader-store and Banggood are below that, ereader-store is getting somewhat close and if customs somehow assesses money for shipping I'll be hit with customs fees on top of the higher price. Hence, I shall order from Banggood, though I was very close to changing my mind. Thanks everyone
leonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #7
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonm View Post
Okay after some research, from what I can gather the import taxes and duty to NJ (USA) are 0% unless the total shipping value exceeds 800USD (at which point it jumps up to several percentage points). While both ereader-store and Banggood are below that, ereader-store is getting somewhat close and if customs somehow assesses money for shipping I'll be hit with customs fees on top of the higher price. Hence, I shall order from Banggood, though I was very close to changing my mind. Thanks everyone
You might want to contact Booxtor first and see if he can list the cost of the device separately from the shipping on the invoice.

If possible, and I don't know if it is, you would only be assessed on the price of the ereader.

It's worth considering due to the 2 year warranty and the after service care which Booxtor provides. I hesitated a long time before making the leap, but am glad that I did so. Especially when I see the problems which are arising with a different 13.3" ereader which I had previously been considering.

Best of luck whichever route you choose to go.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #8
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
You can buy Onyx readers from Amazon. I like to read their reviews.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonm View Post
Hey everyone,

I am planning on buying the Onyx Boox Max Carta. I have heard many people here have bought their device on http://ereader-store.de/en/, which is known for good support? My problem is, buying there is quite a bit more expensive than banggood. Hence my questions:

1) Does anyone know what the warranty policy is on the Ereader-Store? If there is a written policy that is much better than banggood that might be worth spending the difference.

2) Has anyone bought their device at https://www.banggood.com/de/ONYX-BOO...p-1069484.html ?

3) Does anyone know what sort of import duty / taxes might be added to the total when importing to the US (New Jersey) from Germany vs from China?

Thank you so much for your help!

Best wishes,
Leon
Hello Leon,

1) we offer two years of seller waranty. As an EU Company we have to do it by our law.
2) We don't charge additional shipping or payment fees for all our devices. No matter what destination, we always send our packages by UPS (express) only. Just check their regular prices and you will really value it. Delivery time to USA is 2-4 days.
3) As non-EU customer you don't have to pay our taxes, so we don't charge them either. Your final price would be same as listed net price in the store.

Because of an agreement between USA and EU you also don't have to pay import fees for your purchase in Germany (below US$800 threshold). I am not sure there is such agreement between USA and China, so it is possible you have to pay import fees for products from China. I didn't investigate it though..

Last edited by Booxtor; 05-26-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote