Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur
Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad
CSS Problems

Okay, I'm trying here and I hope it's the good place to post it. I'm working on a template for a receipes book in ePub format for a friend of mine. Everything goes weel escept for two little (damn) things. I'm trying to have specific field for every aspect of the receipe (ingredients, preparation, cooking instructions...) When I look in Sigil everything is perfect but when put into my Kobo, I lost the circle in front of the ingredients and the text is sooooo small even if I put the font zine at max. What am I doing wrong here?

Here's my CSS style sheet:
Quote:
ul {
list-style-type: circle;
font-family: serif;
line-height: 1,50 em;
font-size: 1.00 em;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: italic;
text-align: left;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 1.00px;
margin-left: 0px;
padding-top: 0.5em;
padding-right: 0px;
padding-bottom: 0.5em;
padding-left: 0px;
border-top-width: 1px;
border-bottom-width: 1px;
border-top-style: solid;
border-bottom-style: solid;
border-top-color: rgb(231, 224, 206);
border-bottom-color: rgb(231, 224, 206);
}
linked to:
Quote:
<ul>
<li>5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre</li>

<li>3 cuillères à table (45 ml) de pacanes (ou noix de Grenoble) hachées</li>

<li>1 rôti 2 à 3 livres (1 à 1,5 kg) de longe de porc</li>

<li>3/4 de tasse (180 ml) de sirop d'érable</li>

<li>1/4 de tasse (60 ml) d'eau</li>

<li>sel et poivre noir du moulin, au goût</li>
</ul>
I've tried many things but each time the test is unreadeable.

Can you help me, please?

p.s. I'm not programer, I'm learning here! Be gentle with me!
Ti-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
1,50 em ? This is not a correct size for the line height. It may be that Kobo does not support the circle. Leave it out of the CSS and see if you get the solid dot. Note that there is not supposed to be a space between the value and the units, for example 1em;

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur
Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ti-Ron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I remove the "list-style-type: circle;" there's still nothing.

So 1,50em is wrong? I did it with every epub I did before and I have a couple of "profesionnal" epub that used that value. That is why I took it. Wich valu is more appropriate? 1,00 em ?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
As Dale has already pointed out, there's no space between the value and the unit, and you'll have to use decimal points not decimal commas.

As for the missing bullets, they're most likely caused by this line:
Code:
padding-left: 0px;
Try experimenting with larger values. For example:
Code:
padding-left: 0.5px;
Since empty bullets maybe a bit hard to see on an eInk display, I'd recommend using discs or other symbols instead:

Code:
list-style-type:disc;
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
It is the padding-left that is hiding the dots. Even with padding-left:0 the circle is hidden.
Just delete the padding-left line and you should be good to go.
No idea why!
Bob

Doitsu got there first!
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
And what does this have to do with Sigil? Those postings are the reason for me to stay more and more away from this forum. Why hot havong just one "All" forum.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Agreed. Moving to EPUB

Last edited by Jellby; 04-26-2012 at 04:43 AM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #8
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur

@huebi and @theducks: Sorry for posting it in the wrong forum, my bad.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #9
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur

@Doitsu: Thanks for you help.
@mncowboy: Thanks, now with no padding-left I can see the disc!

Dots are here, but the text is still sooooo small, I can't read it...
Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur

Just to do an update. I'vre tried with the Kindle Previewer. All the devices show me the list with readeable text. The dots apper but only in the non eink devices.
Still confused!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #11
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Since the Kindle fonts on eInk devices support a number of characters commonly used for lists, you could fake a bullet list by using the actual characters.

The following characters are natively supported on eInk Kindles and will work without font embedding:

◦ 5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre
▪ 5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre
▫ 5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre
▸ 5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre
▹ 5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre
○ 5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre
● 5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
  <title></title>
  <style type="text/css">
  .list {padding-left: 1px;}
  p {margin-bottom:0; margin-top:0;}
  </style>
</head>
<body>
  <h2 id="heading_id_2">Bullet test</h2>
  <p class="list">◦&nbsp;5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre</p>
  <p class="list">▪&nbsp;5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre</p>
  <p class="list">▫&nbsp;5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre</p>
  <p class="list">▸&nbsp;5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre</p>
  <p class="list">▹&nbsp;5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre</p>
  <p class="list">○&nbsp;5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre</p>
  <p class="list">●&nbsp;5 oz (150 g) de fromage de chèvre</p>
</body>
</html>
Unfortunately, ADE doesn't natively support them. But they'll work if you embed a font.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
Ti-Ron
Connoisseur

Doitsu: Whoa, nice! Thanks a lot!