Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-12-2024, 12:50 PM   #1
headytopper
headytopper began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Highlights made in Calibre reader do not appear in annotations pane

So I have been highlighting a PDF copy of a book on the calibre viewer. The highlights appear in yellow/green correctly when using the reader, but when I try and view them in the View -> Browse Annotations browser, there are no annotations to show.

I tested it with epubs and it seems to work fine.

Ultimately I am trying to export these using the "H2O" Highlights to Obsidian plugin, but first I would like to make sure the highlights are properly saving to calibre.

This is on v. 7.6 on Ubuntu 23.10
headytopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 01:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
are you viewing the PDF in the calibre viewer? And are you opening it from within the calibre library? You can always just convert the PDF to EPUB and annotate that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:57 PM   #3
headytopper
headytopper began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
are you viewing the PDF in the calibre viewer? And are you opening it from within the calibre library? You can always just convert the PDF to EPUB and annotate that.
Yes, I am viewing the PDF in calibre library and calibre viewer. I will just go through the convert to epub route because it seems the easiest.
headytopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlighting notes pdf, pdf annotation, viewer