Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-13-2024, 12:20 PM   #1
Gentleman
Gentleman began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to style side panels of a calibre book viewer

Hello,

I have searched forum and googled a bit but wasn't able to find an answer so i decided to ask here.

Is it possible to style side panels of calibre viewer? I need to style lookup pane because white background is killing my eyes but inspector doesn't work for side panels... Any ideas how can I style content of those side panels?

I have attached screen showing which panels I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	206371  
Gentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 07:33 PM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
That would require the Chromium engine (that's what I think it's the underlying browser) to accept add-ons like Stylus, I believe. Or a plugin.

This was interesting to find: Kovid has already considered adding plugin support for the Viewer!
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:36 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot the styling comes from the website being displayed. However once calibre moves to Qt 6.7 it will be possible to use chromiums force dark mode feature for this: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-84484
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 08:03 AM   #4
Gentleman
Gentleman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot the styling comes from the website being displayed. However once calibre moves to Qt 6.7 it will be possible to use chromiums force dark mode feature for this: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-84484
Oh, I'll have to find a way around it for now. Do you know when calibre may move to Qt 6.7?
Gentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 08:47 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
Oh, I'll have to find a way around it for now. Do you know when calibre may move to Qt 6.7?
Wont be anytime soon.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 11:51 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
I need to style lookup pane because white background is killing my eyes …
Work Around
Turn down the brightness to same level as a piece of paper beside the keyboard, or held beside the screen.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote