Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
indigene
indigene began at the beginning.

Device: Various
Changed book file on device to overwrite Calibre book version

I have a lot of research papers in pdf that I read conveniently using Moon+ on my android tablet and often make a lot of annotations to the pdf file. I sync using Calibre Companion on my tablet.

I would like that the device (CC) version of the pdf updates the calibre version at the next sync. Is that possible?

I have read that reverse happens i.e. updated calibre book file overwrites the CC version.
indigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigene View Post
I have a lot of research papers in pdf that I read conveniently using Moon+ on my android tablet and often make a lot of annotations to the pdf file. I sync using Calibre Companion on my tablet.

I would like that the device (CC) version of the pdf updates the calibre version at the next sync. Is that possible?

I have read that reverse happens i.e. updated calibre book file overwrites the CC version.
This is a CC question I think.

No, there is no way for CC to automatically upload a book file back to calibre and store that file in calibre's library. You must do the job manually. Upload the file using the command available when you right click on a book in the device view, or upload it some other way that doesn't use CC. Once you have the book file uploaded, select the book in calibre's library view and drag the file onto book details. That will replace the book in calibre's library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert