Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #691
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@crissman: Ha! Now we're talking!

Which version of the plugin are you using? The release, or my patched version?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #692
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@crissman: Ha! Now we're talking!

Which version of the plugin are you using? The release, or my patched version?
The original version. For the sake of sounding dumb, how do I install the patch?
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #693
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@crissman: There's a full plugin in the .zip attached to the thread I linked. Just install it from calibre's plugin manager.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #694
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
@crissman: There's a full plugin in the .zip attached to the thread I linked. Just install it from calibre's plugin manager.
I misunderstood your original question in regard to which version. The version I had installed previous was the full version zip file that you linked. I thought you were actually referring to the Patch file and it was that, that needed to be installed as well.

Just to be sure I uninstalled the and reinstalled the full version zip from your link and tried it again reconvert to azw3 ---send to device --- create collections --- import collections from calibre.. Nada. same results.. collections created, books not added.

Thanks for your patience with me
Chrysandra
Old 11-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #695
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@crissman: Huh. Then I'm stumped, sorry :/.

(I mainly work with AZW3 files, and I've never had any trouble, FWIW).
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #696
crissman
Connoisseur

Quote:
@crissman: Huh. Then I'm stumped, sorry :/.

(I mainly work with AZW3 files, and I've never had any trouble, FWIW).
I do as well, and it was only for test purposes that I tried the mobi.

The only reason I had even thought to try it was because I had tried to put a book on another kindle paperwhite and it kept crashing it in the AZW3 and so I tried a mobi format and it worked perfectly.

Now as to why in my case it seems to be AZW3 specific in which this occurs and not in MOBI I have no idea. Not being a programmer and just a user I also have no clue.

Thanks for giving a try though.

Chrysandra
Old 11-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #697
crissman
Connoisseur

SOLVED IT!!

Ok this makes no sense to me whatsoever, but since it was working in the MOBI format I concluded that it was not my database or id's or anything like that and since I determined that it was also not any of my metadata templates, the only thing left that I could see left to try was the AZW3 output options.

I unchecked the option for "Enable sharing of book content via Facebook, etc WARNING: Disables last read Syncing"

reconverted to AZW3 --->send books to device ---> create collections from kindle collections ---> import collections from calibre via CM

Voila, success, collections now auto-populate with books in AZW3

No clue as to how or why this fixed it but it did.

Chrysandra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	azw3 config.png
Views:	341
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	115609  
Old 11-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #698
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Ha ! Forgot about that... That setting strips the ASIN, which explains everything .
Old 11-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #699
crissman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Ha ! Forgot about that... That setting strips the ASIN, which explains everything .
Why would that setting strip the ASIN? What is the purpose of that? I had only checked mostly just for sharing info with my mother. I never fully understood the option or warning. I actually never got it to fully work my books always said it was unavailable for that option.

Guess I will just have to wait now for Amazon to update the PW1 with the goodreads option that is available to the PW2!

Chrysandra
Old 11-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #700
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Argh, I'm an idiot. Is there any way to downgrade from 5.4.2 to 5.3.9? I forgot to check if the Collections Manager would be compatible, or rather I didn't expect it at all to be already, with the Paperwhite 2. Or is an update for the Collections Manager planned in the coming days/weeks that would allow me to use it on the 5.4.2 version?
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #701
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Argh, I'm an idiot. Is there any way to downgrade from 5.4.2 to 5.3.9? I forgot to check if the Collections Manager would be compatible, or rather I didn't expect it at all to be already, with the Paperwhite 2. Or is an update for the Collections Manager planned in the coming days/weeks that would allow me to use it on the 5.4.2 version?
I'll look into it once I get my PW2.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #702
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@crissman: Apparently, for what it says on the box: make sharing work, at the expense of sync.

Possibly, if your book comes from Amazon, and thus has a valid ASIN, sharing would work. I've never played much with this side of things, but that would mirror the thumbnails behavior, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities...

@cryzed: Wait. They pushed 5.4.2 for the PW1, too?

EDIT: Nope. So, you're not losing much, no CM version ever supported FW 2.4.x (ie. the PW2), and no 5.3.x FW version will ever run on the PW2.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-23-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #703
crissman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Possibly, if your book comes from Amazon, and thus has a valid ASIN, sharing would work. I've never played much with this side of things, but that would mirror the thumbnails behavior, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities...
Yeah most of my books are not from Amazon. So I guess this makes sense if this option requires a ASIN to work.

Quote:
@cryzed: Wait. They pushed 5.4.2 for the PW1, too?
Not yet, hoping for it, I kinda like the goodreads options. You will have to let me know what you think of it? Is it worth the upgrade?

Crissman

Last edited by crissman; 11-23-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #704
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
@NiLuJe: Oh I got that wrong then, alright -- thanks.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #705
linter
linter began at the beginning.

Device: craig
so hold on let me get this straight: if i have a paperwhite v2 with 5.4, i can't use Collections Manager at all? is there an alternative that i can use?
linter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks