Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
Mitzilein
Mitzilein began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2.0
Kobo Aura Can't connect to PC

Hi,
I've got a Kobo Aura 2.0 and never had any issues with it. In preparation for going on holiday tomorrow I borrowed some ebooks from my library and wanted to transfer them to my Kobo via USB-cable from the computer.
When I plug in the USB-cable I get as normal the window "Computer detected" but I cannot click on anything - I've tried everywhere on the screen and nothing happens. When I unplug the cable again the window closes and the Kobo operates as normal.
I've restarted it, I've done a software update, restarted again but same problem happening everytime I try. I've tried different USB-cables, different USB-ports on my computer,... nothing helps.
Any suggestions what I can do?
Thanks,
Maria
Mitzilein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
New cable different port
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have you restarted the computer? I can get the USB ports to a state where the device detects it but the PC doesn't. Rebooting is the only thing that helps.

You can also try USBDeview. Find all the references to Kobo devices and delete them. Then reboot.

And if you have another computer, try that. If it isn't working there, you might need to consider a factory reset. Or it might be a problem with the port on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote