Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
Mochs
Mochs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Android App with 2 Way Synch

I have a Nook, Kindle and two Android tablets. I read my Nook and Kindle books on their respective device (or in the their respective app) and have been using Moon+ Pro on my tablets. I have my non-Nook and Kindle books in Calibre on my PC. Is there an Android app out there that can handle two way synch between two tablets? Moon+ seems to only synch one way - for example if I read on my Tab S3 and then open the book on my Tab S2 the reading position and highlights are synched, but any change on the Tab S2 never synchs back to the Tab S3. Bonus if it could synch bookmarks and highlights to Calibre but I'm probably asking for too much there
Mochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
For the reading position -- Google Play Books.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:13 AM   #3
jxlab
jxlab began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
If ePub only, Reasily EPUB Reader syncs bookmarks, highlights and notes, but not reading position(can be achieved by bookmark the position).
jxlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
KOReader;

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Progress-sync

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...sync-transport

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-08-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:31 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
moon does full 2 way sync - 3 way even if you have 3 tablets - via your cloud storage choice.
I have sync to dropbox enabled within Moon+ and it is 100% reliable
each tablet gets its books the same way - via Calibre companion, so titles etc will match exactly -
moon writes to subfolders within apps within dropbox
e.g.Dropbox\Apps\Books\.Moon+\Cache, and in there are 2 files for each book - one for last page read, one for notes & bookmarks. the file names have.po and .an extensions and are a combination of title and author e.g. Gaslighting America - Amanda Carpenter.epub.po
when I resume a book on a different device , a pop up will say there is a more recent position in dropbox - go to it Y/N

pretty sure you can elect to use G drive or other cloud solutions instead of dropbox.
there is a one - off process of authorising moon+ to access your dropbox.
Moon+ can also backup its own configuration to dropbox, each backup has device name and date and they are in a /backups subfolder. Restoring one of those as a handy shortcut when configuring a new device

Last edited by stumped; 07-09-2018 at 12:35 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:33 PM   #6
Phrae
Phrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the roughPhrae is a jewel in the rough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxlab View Post
If ePub only, Reasily EPUB Reader syncs bookmarks, highlights and notes, but not reading position(can be achieved by bookmark the position).
Does this work for PC?

Okay I tried this I think this is not possible to use with PC am I correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
moon does full 2 way sync - 3 way even if you have 3 tablets - via your cloud storage choice.
I have sync to dropbox enabled within Moon+ and it is 100% reliable
each tablet gets its books the same way - via Calibre companion, so titles etc will match exactly -
moon writes to subfolders within apps within dropbox
e.g.Dropbox\Apps\Books\.Moon+\Cache, and in there are 2 files for each book - one for last page read, one for notes & bookmarks. the file names have.po and .an extensions and are a combination of title and author e.g. Gaslighting America - Amanda Carpenter.epub.po
when I resume a book on a different device , a pop up will say there is a more recent position in dropbox - go to it Y/N

pretty sure you can elect to use G drive or other cloud solutions instead of dropbox.
there is a one - off process of authorising moon+ to access your dropbox.
Moon+ can also backup its own configuration to dropbox, each backup has device name and date and they are in a /backups subfolder. Restoring one of those as a handy shortcut when configuring a new device
For which file extensions do you use this? Does this cover PC?
Phrae is offline   Reply With Quote