Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
KWhytte
Enthusiast
KWhytte began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Combine/Create TAGS how?

I am searching a way to create TAGS and perhaps remove some others.
is there a practical approach to achieve this please?
e.g.:
I have many Alfred Hitchcock books/Thesis/Articles and so many different TAGS already created such as Hitchcock, Alfred Hitchcock, A Hitchcock etc etc
Some of them not written by Hitchcock but they are related to Hitchcock.

I'd like to do a search and list all the Hitchcock related items and use one unique TAG for all and forexample to name "Hitchcock" only.

another example:
I have many cinematography thesis/articles/books and use "cinematography" TAG" for all of them in order to sort many subjects into meaningful TAGS for my future search activities.

I appreciate your practical suggestions/tips please
all the best
KWhytte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Tag values can be changed/deleted by right clicking them in the Tag Browser (left sidebar), they can also be changed via Manage Tags, which is accessible via the Configure button at the bottom of the Tag Browser.

You might want to consider using hierarchical tags e.g. Hitchcock.Scripts, Hitchcock.Reviews, Hitchcock.Theses, Hitchock.Biographies, see ==>> Managing subgroups of books, for example “genre”

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2019, 06:19 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
BR mentioned how to rename Tags. The tags assigned to the book will reflect the new name.

You can totally remove tags (right click), in the tag browser. If you have (and choose), you can have this done ONLY to the VL or the entirety.

Bulk (mode) Metadata Edit, allow adding and removing from the SELECTED books.

I hate the tag SyFy, so I select all books with that tag (tag browser), tap "E" to get into bulk MDE, type Syfy into the remove box, type Science Fiction into the ADD box: OK (this change only applies to selected books, unlike 'Rename in the tag browser)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:54 AM   #4
KWhytte
Enthusiast
KWhytte began at the beginning.

Device: None
I appreciate very much for the extremely useful tips
Thank you.
KWhytte is offline   Reply With Quote