Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
pjeanetta
pjeanetta began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
How to remove "Fully read" books from "Last Open" list?

All,
I wonder if it is possible to configure PocketBook 360 to NOT show fully read books in the "Last Open" list?

Thanks in advance,
Jeanetta
pjeanetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
good question.. Just got mine a few days ago.. also want to know...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
The list of recently read books is kept in a simple text file called lastopen.txt and is stored in
directory /system/state in main memory.

If you connect your PB360 to the PC and open lastopen.txt in a text editor you could manually (and carefully!) remove the lines for books you no longer wanted to appear as 'recently read'. Alternatively, if you delete books from the PB360 after reading them they are automatically removed from lastopen.txt as well.

As for whether this is a good practice -- I'm not sure

The only other option I know of is to use Settings - Maintenance - Clean state. But, this clears all books from the 'recently read' list.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-08-2010 at 09:37 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
pjeanetta
pjeanetta began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Thanks jackie_w - but I don't think it's much practical as a solution (except to delete books - may think about it.. But I do like to re-read them later).
Will try to post it to Pocketbook developers.
pjeanetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
As calibre is my main source of book library i always delete books for my readers after reading them. When i want them a second time i can always copy them again using calibre.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert