Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-29-2019, 01:58 PM   #1
Shanta
Shanta began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
QGtkStyle could not resolve GTK

Hi all

I did the install for Calibre. It worked and I setup several directories for sorting my books.

Several days later I attempted to load Calibre. No interface came up.

On shut down the system said Calibre was blocking the shutdown.

I then lunched from the command line.

$ calibre
QGtkStyle could not resolve GTK. Make sure you have installed the proper libraries.

QXcbConnection: XCB error: 2 (BadValue), sequence: 409, resource id: 0, major code: 1 (CreateWindow), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 410, resource id: 35651588, major code: 2 (ChangeWindowAttributes), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 411, resource id: 35651588, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 412, resource id: 35651588, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 413, resource id: 35651588, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0

I have an android device connected so it also gives the fallowing error repeatedly.
Android device detected, assigning default bug flags

Device 0 (VID=2e17 and PID=c033) is UNKNOWN in libmtp v1.1.11.
Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp development team
Android device detected, assigning default bug flags

I have search the web for fixes and have tried several but none seem to work.
How do I fix this.

thanks for the help.
Shanta
Shanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
What O/S?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
presumably you have calibre running in an offscreen location, external monitor, system tray or similar.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
Shanta

os ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
What O/S?
Sorry.

OS Ubuntu 19.04
Old 08-30-2019, 12:42 PM   #5
Shanta

hidden view

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
presumably you have calibre running in an offscreen location, external monitor, system tray or similar.
Not that I know of. Only one monitor. Not change to the default user desktop. That I know of. If called from the software menu. No display. Shows up in shut down. but not in top.

Where would I look?

Thanks Shanta
Old 08-30-2019, 09:22 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run it as

calibre-debug -g
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote