Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
So, how do YOU handle stress?

It came to me, as I was vacuuming, mopping, waxing and washing the house at 7:00 this AM after a restless night, THIS is how I handle stress. I clean house. Top to bottom. Even under the beds, and tops of the pictures. If I can't clean...............I'll eat.

So, how you you handle stress?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I drink myself into a drunken diet Pepsi stupor
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I take zanax....

and smoke.....

and drink....

It's bad.
I need a new job
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I take zanax...
and smoke....
and drink...
It's bad.
I need a new job
Xanex......."You do realize its a rescue drug?" my doc said to me when I asked for a refill. Duh, doc. It s not like I take it every night. Or even every week. But when I need to sleep and not feel the pain......I don't think one .25 tab is going to drive me over the edge.....
Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
It came to me, as I was vacuuming, mopping, waxing and washing the house at 7:00 this AM after a restless night, THIS is how I handle stress. I clean house. Top to bottom. Even under the beds, and tops of the pictures. If I can't clean...............I'll eat.

Can you come over to my house the next time you're stressed?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Me, chronic introvert with strong, neurotic tendencies: retreat, withdraw, shutdown, hermit (sometimes into a back-corner in a cupboard in a dark room; sometimes into the fridge, sometimes I drag the fridge into a back-corner in a cupboard in a dark room).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Xanex......."You do realize its a rescue drug?" my doc said to me when I asked for a refill. Duh, doc. It s not like I take it every night. Or even every week. But when I need to sleep and not feel the pain......I don't think one .25 tab is going to drive me over the edge.....
How about it? I take it very rarely (like months go by) but when I do, oh man it's awesome. It's like, "ahh...I can breathe now. I can fix this problem."

If you have trouble sleeping, I got hooked on using an eye mask. For some odd reason (if I've got a nice boring sounding program recorded on Tivo), I put on my eye mask and listen to the show, and in five minutes I fall asleep. I also freak out less on planes with them on. Must be some kind of ostrich thing. But if you're in actual pain, that probably wouldn't help. What kind of pain?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For me it's FOOD, usually sweets, followed by salty, followed by sweets, followed by... well, and if I can combine the two, all the better!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Can you come over to my house the next time you're stressed?
See, that wouldn't work. Just counts on my house.....
Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
For me it's FOOD, usually sweets, followed by salty, followed by sweets, followed by... well, and if I can combine the two, all the better!
OH, yes, I can relate to that too!!! I love the sweet then salty stuff.........
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Me, chronic introvert with strong, neurotic tendencies: retreat, withdraw, shutdown, hermit (sometimes into a back-corner in a cupboard in a dark room; sometimes into the fridge, sometimes I drag the fridge into a back-corner in a cupboard in a dark room).

Cheers,
Marc
Poor harmless little monkey. Just be glad you aren't in my refrigerator. You'd be dragged out and cleaned to within and inch of your life! Or, if you were even remotely 'stale'.......into the trash you'd go!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Best stress reliever for me is to get away from people. When it's really bad, I have to get far away or I'll feel the press of humanity on me.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Poor harmless little monkey. Just be glad you aren't in my refrigerator. You'd be dragged out and cleaned to within and inch of your life! Or, if you were even remotely 'stale'.......into the trash you'd go!
You clean your refrigerator...I just clean mine out!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
You remind me of the story my mother told me about the old man & his wife. They had been married 50 years. Waking one morning, he leaned over to kiss her &
she said, "Don't touch me."
He said, "What?"
She said, "Don't touch me, I'm dead."
He said, "You can't be dead. You're talking to me."
She said, "I must be dead. I don't hurt anywhere."

The older I get the better I understand that story.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
You remind me of the story my mother told me about the old man & his wife. They had been married 50 years. Waking one morning, he leaned over to kiss her &
she said, "Don't touch me."
He said, "What?"
She said, "Don't touch me, I'm dead."
He said, "You can't be dead. You're talking to me."
She said, "I must be dead. I don't hurt anywhere."

The older I get the better I understand that story.
Well, there are lots of different kinds of pain.....and where do you go to get away from people? I didn't think there were places like that anymore. 'course, maybe if I actually got past the city limits here.......