Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
Docs on Fire HD 8 do not sync to Kindle Oasis [Resolved]

Am I missing something ridiculously simple here?
How do I get side loaded content on my KFHD to show up and sync on my Oasis and vice versa?
On my phone and old tablet with the Kindle app I can see everything, but on the KFHD, the only things that sync are the books that I have purchased via Amazon.
Is there a particular folder I can put them in?
If I put them in the /emulated/0/Documents folder, they show up in the KFHD Books Library but still do not sync with the Oasis.

Last edited by mising; 04-17-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Mark as resolved
mising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
You Cant..... How do you expect the Amazon Servers to Know what you have Side Loaded ??
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
mising
Enthusiast

Weird, because it works like a champ on my phone and my old tablet with the Kindle app.

I can download a book from my Google Drive folder, use ES File Explorer to Send to Kindle, then within about 5 minutes it is available on all of my devices and behaves like any other Kindle book (syncs last page read, etc).

Unfortunately, the Send to Kindle option in ES File Explorer does not seem to work on the Fire even though I have it installed. Everything I try on the Fire just sticks it in the Docs app and will not show up on any other device. I will tinker with it a little more when I get home.

I would have thought having two Amazon devices would have been easier than this. I guess I will just keep using my phone to add my personal content to my Library.

Last edited by mising; 04-17-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 04-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Is the file on your Amazon account when you look in the Docs tab at Content and Devices?

If yes, it will show up on the Oasis when looking at ALL...DOCS
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
mising
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Is the file on your Amazon account when you look in the Docs tab at Content and Devices?

If yes, it will show up on the Oasis when looking at ALL...DOCS
If I add anything from any other device it shows up in Contents and Devices.

If I try to add anything from the Fire that is not currently in my Kindle Library, it just stays on the device and does not show in Content and Devices.

For example (see attachment), I added Factfulness (which was originally a Google Books epub that I converted to mobi) via my phone this morning, but I have a few books I had been trying to add directly from the Fire that seem to be available locally only.

I plan on calling Amazon tonight to see if they can assist. I have tried the chat option but I don't think they understood my issue.

Google Play is installed on the Fire, so I might just have to install the Kindle app from there...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CandD.png
Views:	311
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	163535  
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
mising
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
You Cant..... How do you expect the Amazon Servers to Know what you have Side Loaded ??
I saw your comment on another thread about using azw3 instead of mobi. I will definitely give that a try as well!

Update 4/18/2018
Converting them to azw3 worked as well, thanks!

Last edited by mising; 04-18-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #7
mising
Enthusiast

The Calibre plugin from this post fixed it!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=125428

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...99&postcount=2

Install the [GUI Plugin] Quality Check and go to Fix > Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire.

Once I fix them in Calibre and download to my Fire, they then show up everywhere.

Last edited by mising; 04-17-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #8
navels
navels began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Thanks for this!
navels is offline   Reply With Quote